Pitman

Pitman's Toyota Sprint Series car

Photobucket now playing ball, so some pictures ;)

Sprayed interior (I managed to crack the windscreen when I was putting the role cage in, so didn't bother to mask it when I was spraying as it will have to be replaced)

SAM_0261_zpssc1jvrmz.jpg

SAM_0265_zpsidh2zt4f.jpg

Engine compartment - excess holes in the dash welded up, and the battery tray removed (battery will be going inside)

SAM_0267_zpsl7bukmml.jpg

SAM_0269_zpsnnrlfb7f.jpg

Electric power steering

SAM_0271_zpsawyzbbpy.jpg

Front subframe and suspension fitted (Tein coilovers)

SAM_0275_zpswfzae8rf.jpg

SAM_0277_zpssmiptpq9.jpg

Bias pedal box for the brakes, and the clutch master cylinder:

SAM_0276_zpszso1uucp.jpg

The back suspension is also in, buy I havn't taken any pictures of it yet.

Very clean build Dave. Hope mine looks half as good!!

Please don't tell me you're having to do all this outside?? I'm in the garage right now and cant feel my toes!!

Thank you guys for the positive comments :)

@GT86Owner, they are Tein MonoFlex with pillow ball upper mounts - here: http://www.fensport.co.uk/Parts/Model_41/Category_2/2369

@smudge - I think if you look too closely, you may find a lot of places I missed with the painting :unsure:

@Lauren - luckily everyone does not share your dislike for the Yaris - nothing wrong with doing something different!  Bit harsh saying that the builds that Nigel and I am doing are follies - different strokes for different folks and all that :lol:.  No reason why I won't get it finished .  Just in case, I will be adding a mounting bracket for a Zimmer Frame to the roll cage!

It's up to you, but that's a huge amount of effort for car that will have no value in monetary terms at the end of it and probably won't be eligible to compete in very much apart from what you're buidling it for. You may end up with no competition in your class as well. I always think it's better to evenly match cars, but that's just me of course. But your money and choice of course. I think you're mad, but that's just my opinion. :P

Mark has a stock Yaris, it's crap. I'm being kind. ;)

24 minutes ago, Nicebiscuit said:

...and the above is exactly why it's cool. emoji41.png

Cool, it's not cool, it's bloody awesome!!

@Lauren I hadn't noticed you called my build a Folly. That may be your opinion, and I can assure you, no one cares!!

WTF is with all this negativity. I think it a very nice thing that Nigel, Pitman et al are doing. We can learn alot from what these guys are doing.

For example, yesterday I found myself looking through Pitman's thread on the other club looking for info on his oil cooler setup that I saw about 2 years ago.....

Another time I was look though Nigels thread looking for the nylon pinch weld standoffs he made for axel stands I remember seeing a while back. Another time it was to get a good look at the sump and the internal baffle.

Big or small all these little bits are useful to differnet people with different goals.

It's a simple case of someone having a bit of a laugh and people taking it too seriously. It seems these days people need to put a smiley face or something everytime they are just having a light hearted dig. The negativity ultimately comes from misinterpretation. If Lauren said my car was a folly i'd just shrug it off, life is too short!

3 hours ago, GT86Owner said:

WTF is with all this negativity. I think it a very nice thing that Nigel, Pitman et al are doing. We can learn alot from what these guys are doing.

For example, yesterday I found myself looking through Pitman's thread on the other club looking for info on his oil cooler setup that I saw about 2 years ago.....

Another time I was look though Nigels thread looking for the nylon pinch weld standoffs he made for axel stands I remember seeing a while back. Another time it was to get a good look at the sump and the internal baffle.

Big or small all these little bits are useful to differnet people with different goals.

Thank you for the support ;)

It could well be, as Rob says, Lauren 'having a bit of a laugh' - there is a hell of a lot about Lauren that I don't pretend to understand, including her sense of humour.  What I do know, however, judging by her posts in general, is that she is somewhat self opinionated.  So be it.  A very strong motivation for me going to the extent that I am with my Yaris folly is as a direct result of her total negativity towards the Yaris when I first muted the idea of building a Yaris for the TSS :D.  I refuse to let the attempt to be funny (if what Rob posted is true) get under my skin - the positive support and comments I have got from everyone else is worth far more to me.

It's not really meant in a negative way. After all why interpret a folly as negative? 

I do think both you and Nigel have gone to extraordinary lengths with your car and that is to be applauded, even if I don't really get quite why. 

It does seem odd though to spend so much money simply to prove a point when it's your own money, but again, your choice. But, if it motivates you, fine. 

I suppose I thought that a better idea (okay it doesn't cost as much) would have been to buy a Yaris T Sport, get out in the TSS this year, spend your money on driver tuition. I think having an under powered car teaches you more because you have to carry the momentum into the corners, rather than relying on power alone to blast you along the straights. But that's just my 'self opinionated' opinion which you don't agree with. 

None of this was meant to upset you, I'm just trying to understand why I guess.