Lee

Lee's HKS v2 Supercharged 86

Boring update:

Fitted roll bars to see how I get on with them, easy to remove if i dont like.

Front suspension raised 8mm, rear raised 2mm. Re-alignment on thursday.

Nankangs now worn down to just about the legal limit

235/45R17 Continental sport contact 5's fitted as Road / Wet's

2nd set of 17 x 9 Rota titans coming

235/45R17 Dunlop dz03gs being fitted to the new set :)

What happens when you run over a large stone?

911406F3-B852-42C1-B12A-16834A63ACB2_zps

Aye that's not bad but then...

EDF566A1-4129-432B-9C5B-A0CA3B45870D_zps

New front pipe required then :lol:

Prop shaft - lucky

29B49C93-9CF3-4023-AD21-C737D11DFACA_zps

Fuel tank - very lucky

F40E9301-8E8D-4E09-A214-DFC4227213D5_zps

Queue of traffic on a country road with cars coming the opposite direction. It looked a lot smaller than it was and none of the cars in front hit it. I must have because racecar :)

Queue of traffic on a country road with cars coming the opposite direction. It looked a lot smaller than it was and none of the cars in front hit it. I must have because racecar :)

And there was me worried, when I hit a rock in the road in Switzerland. A few scuffs underneath, but blimey, that really did some damage to your car. 

That's the guard over the petrol tank isn't it? Has it deformed the tank much itself?

Wow, you actually going to do anything to the fuel tank in that state?

Remove the cover and hammer out the ding will be the extent of it. The tank itself isn't leaking.

And there was me worried, when I hit a rock in the road in Switzerland. A few scuffs underneath, but blimey, that really did some damage to your car.

That's the guard over the petrol tank isn't it? Has it deformed the tank much itself?

It is yeah - I don't know how much of an 'air gap' is there as standard to say how deformed the tank itself may be. Will see once the cover is off.

Most annoying thing is I just raised the front up 8mm plus I added another 11.5mm ground clearance with the new tyres!

Bet that sounded fun on the way home lol

It was amazing, misses hated it though. When we got back into town her head was below the window line :lol:

Lee, that is a lot of damage.

Are you 'hand on heart' that you didn't run over a tree stump at Croft... ???

:huh:

Spec K

I tend to go off at least once on a track day, the extend at croft was over a kerb surprisingly.

How fast were you going and didn't that put a lot of stress all the way down the exhaust system? Are all the other brackets etc ok further down the exhaust system ok?

60ish, the front pipe bracket was bent slightly - its now acceptable since installing the stock section. The rest of the exhaust is fine, tiny ding on the diff housing.

Got a vibration above 60 now though, hopefully the wheels just need balanced up again - see to that tomorrow.

Cobra front pipe now on order, has a 200 cel cat instead of the 400 cel that was in the HKS front pipe. Marks words were 'probably be able to add a bit more timing with it now'  ;)

Also the cobra doesnt have a small silencer in the front pipe like the hks did, so should be a wee bit louder too which is ok.

One wheel was 25g out of balance, but thats not the issue. The UJ also took a hit, think I will order a new prop and UJ. Drive shafts look fine, the diff didnt take a big enough hit to warrant a vibration.

Its strange, vibration starts @ 66 and goes through entire car, upping the speed and the rear view mirrir vibrates like a mofo, going faster again and the vibration moves to the rear. Joy.

Reason I say propshaft is I remember Keith complaining of vibrations along the car when he fitted the lighter prop on the automatic, which doesn't work for some reason, but manual is fine?

With the prop being so long and going the majority of the length of the car, this is what I think would cause the vibrations to "move towards the rear" at higher speed