Lee

Lee's HKS v2 Supercharged 86

First session out was wet and very greasy, I couldn't get temperature in them. They were predictable, I can't compare them to a different tyre in those conditions to judge, I would say that there are better tyres for cold greasy conditions though.

Dry was just as grippy and predictable as before, and I still like them in dry conditions, I would move to AD08R's once these wear out, but I doubt they will be twice as good so I will probably stick to budget track focused tyres tbh.

Fitting myself, Mark is going to send me a base map then I will drive down to him for a proper tune, won't be fitting for 7 weeks or so, only home 2 more weeks then I'm away for 4.

Most likely going to open up the restrictor plate on the lathe and have Mark supply injectors and pump. Excited.

"Most likely going to open up the restrictor plate on the lathe and have Mark supply injectors and pump"

Oh Lee, we are the same breed!! Modifying the mod!!

Very nice Lee. What size is that system? I assume that's a cat in the front pipe, or are you keeping the cat in the manifold?

It's 2.5, the front pipe (not arrived yet) has a high flow cat in it, the manifold has no cat so I'll just be using 1 high flow cat. In the pic is a resonator and the two silencers. I chose this rear system for its quietness - with the amount of air blowing through it I can't imagine it being overly sedate.

How totally stupid of me.. I've had my exhaust off twice already and still cant identify the components!!

A turbo quietens an exhaust, so it shouldn't be too bad.

This is a supercharger kit Lauren.. though, I've never thought "what effect does a SC have on exhaust note"?

I wonder??

Noise, mainly. I don't have a turbo in the exhaust pipe to quieten things down. For the power goal of around 350hp I don't think it will hurt performance too much, may cause marginally higher boost pressure in the inlet.

3" has no benefit as far as a S/C is concerned apparently.

There is benefit after a certain point. If the exhaust is too small, then there is pressure in the exhaust system that the engine has to work against. The SC is spinning at a set rpm and will deliver the same amount of air, due to a restriction on the back side (read less flow) the air on the inlet side gets backed up more and thus leads to slightly higher inlet manifold pressure, which means the charger is working slightly harder (compressing more) which will lead to raised inlet temps which hurts efficiency.

At what power level this happens at depends of a lot of factors. I've blown 400hp of air through a 2.25" exhaust (it was completely straight) which was past the choking limit as the boost was much higher than 'normal' in the inlet. At 280hp a bendy pretty much oem 2.25 system had no issues.

I fitted hks cat less manifold and catted front pipe today, also ordered an overripe from cobra so fitted that too.

Happy to report the car is still very quiet :)

Boost will definitely add a bit of noise to the car but I can't see it being too bad. Pleased with my choice.