Keethos

Keethos' GT86 Journey Back To Health + Mods

I have only just seen this thread! Bad luck Keethos, but at least you now have an excuse for pimping up your gt86 ;)

I look forward to see the progress.

Thanks dude, but what I've seen so far, pimping it is working out to be more expensive that trying to piece it back together :(

I must say, pretty much all of those front bumper options look way worse than OEM.

Also a carbon fibre bonnet is fairly pointless considering the original is aluminium.

I think it's just a case of having to bide your time, Keith. You'll get there.

Yeah, so far, the LF-Sport is the only one that I really like the look of but the rear is designed for quad exhausts and it's guna be pricey :(  But I agree Lauren, going Carbon Fibre bonnet is pointless weight wise, I've lifted a stock bonnet on it's own before and it's pretty light, going carbon fibre would only be a look for me and a slightly cheaper option to going brand new OEM but luckily Chris is sorting me out with his.

:( can't see the thread Pitman :(  Can someone post some details for me please?

Thanks Deacon but I believe my rear bumper is fine, I've spent a while scouring ebay for parts with no luck yet, but have seen a couple things that I could have done with that have been old a couple of months back.  I've even added an alert for whenever a door, bumper, fender or headlight is added which I've never done before.

Anybody that is interested in the parts for a GT86 TRD or a spoiler for the standard car PM me. Insurance company replaced both parts so they are going cheap.

The parts were only a month old when damaged. They are currently in Edinburgh and no idea of price. Open to offers.

Bumper = very light scuff on the drivers side forward of the indicator in the wing.

TRD front spoiler kit = more damaged but only on the front right corner scratches to the plastic lower protruding segment

N.B. I believe this comes as three pieces so two of the three are mint. I may be wrong though.

Cheers

Ed

9k73mq.jpg

I've got no idea whether anyone would even want these but I have to put down a price. Let's call it £100 front £100 rear. However, as I've said I would rather someone took them and used them rather than them sit in my shed. Open to offers.

Thanks Ian, but I am seriously confused with what he's selling, is he selling a complete stock front bumper, then the front TRD lower bumper lip thingy and that's it?  Or is he selling something else too as he mentions "spoiler for the standard car" and also "£100 front £100 rear"????  Would have preferred a white bumper but since nothing seems to be popping up (still nothing from the breaker yards) I could be interested.

Hmmmm....the question is if he'll sell the bumper without the TRD bit.....it's guna be a bit of a faf if I get the TRD bit too as it'll be a mission to get the sides and the rear, just having the front ain't guna look right and I'm assuming it's already bonded onto the bumper itself......and then he may struggle to just sell the TRD bit.  Hmmmmmmmmm

Hmmmm....the question is if he'll sell the bumper without the TRD bit.....it's guna be a bit of a faf if I get the TRD bit too as it'll be a mission to get the sides and the rear, just having the front ain't guna look right and I'm assuming it's already bonded onto the bumper itself......and then he may struggle to just sell the TRD bit.  Hmmmmmmmmm

If you want to go with the full TRD body kit, you could get the front and rear bumpers from the guy above (by all accounts he is very open to negotiation re the costs, he quoted 100 pound each for the front and rear as Stu insists that any for sale ad has a cost).  You could then get the side skirts from here:

http://www.knightracer.com/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=38_208&product_id=2516 

As far as the quad exhaust is concerned, you could always do as Markinstoke (and I think riceburner) did, and get quad outlets welded onto your existing exhaust.

If you want to go with the full TRD body kit, you could get the front and rear bumpers from the guy above (by all accounts he is very open to negotiation re the costs, he quoted 100 pound each for the front and rear as Stu insists that any for sale ad has a cost).

he really only wants someone to take them away. initially he was offering FOC

As far as the quad exhaust is concerned, you could always do as Markinstoke (and I think riceburner) did, and get quad outlets welded onto your existing exhaust.

It was Mark who just got quad tips welded on. Richard went to JP and had a rear section made up.

What are the chances of there being something that I could attached to narrow the rear opening down to suit twin tips rather than quad tips?  I might just go for them and see what I could do to them.

That's nice Keith!

It is isn't it.....but it's quite pricey.....especially since they have a few bits and bobs you can add on to the front bumper, side skirts and rear bumper but someone off the FT86 forum says the quality is top notch.

But I'm still drawn towards the LF-Sport one by Aimgain.....hmmmmmm