Keethos

Keethos' GT86 Journey Back To Health + Mods

A question to those in the know how of insurance companies, if I was to genuinely have a road accident now, what would my situation be like?  Am I covered for the whole car, am I only covered to the state it's in now or am I not covered at all?  Any ideas people?

Are you considering slamming it sideways into a wall?

LOL, no not at all Twigman, knowing me, if I tried to pull a stunt like that, I'll bite me in the ass at some point, either seriously injuring myself in the process or not getting covered insurance wise or something.  It's more the fact that it's my daily drive, yes it drives fine but if I'm guna have problems with insurance, then maybe I shouldn't be driving it and should get another run around until it's fixed....but as the plan is to take my time fixing it....I don't know if I can do without driving my baby for that long  :(

I don't think you'll have any problems driving it as is. Lots of people drive around with dents in their cars after all. 

As has been said you've already got pictures of the damage. 

That's what I think too Lauren but you know insurance companies, any excuse to get out of paying.  So we pretty much saying that the insurance companies will return the car back to this current state right?

Thanks Fusion, as you can see from the vid, I over took someone which mean I was going to fast for the next corner, so after I was on the brakes, I turned in and the car just understeered and it just kept on going off the track onto the grass and then into the tyre wall.  Sadly I can't say that I'll look back at the crash and laugh about it but at least I can look back at the video and laugh at the video for how ironic (is that the right word to use here?) the Happy song is and that I managed to fit the full song in right before the final bump, then another great song by Pharrell that suited the situation afterwards....and yeah, he rage comic image just finishes it off :D

Well, Keith, it's not quite that simple. 

If you have an accident on your front wing then the front wing will get repaired but not the rest of the body. 

That's how it works really. I really cannot see any problem whatosever with driving around as it is. 

We've all seen plenty of cars driving around with big dents on them. It's not a problem for them so I don't see why it would be a problem for you. 

Keith - I think you would be wise to consider acquiring a small runaround, preferably an estate, for a short period..

Your car will most definitely be in the bodyshop for 1/2 weeks and, whilst I'm sure RRG will assist with a courtesy car if they can, a cheapo Mondeo estate or similar could be a godsend, both for collecting bits during the run-up to transmogrification and, if c/c's are in short supply at Macc you won't be left high and dry...

... merely my two penn'orth....

Spec K

@ Lauren - Yeah, that's my logic too.

@ Spec - Thanks for the suggestion Keith, my cousin down the road has a spare car that I could run around in (an i10 or his Colt) and I lil sister will be returning to a local wine company where she can borrow their transit van for when I need big parts picking up, like Chris' bonnet which he is kind enough to sell me (Thanks Chris!!!)

Some more help guys, these angel eye lights, I've e-mail the guys selling them on ebay weather I could retro fit the HID lights to this angel eye unit and all he could say is "This headlight is using H7 halogen bulb.  If your HID is H7 HID, you can install yours to this set headlight." Any ideas if the HID bulb is a H7 fitments and even if retro fitting this would work/possible?

Also, and ideas where to look for aftermarket bumpers?  So far I've only seen lips and partial bumpers that require the original bumper to attached to :(

Keith - Dont get the Ferrari one.

Some other options:

Revolution Front Bumper - £582

post-247-0-96325000-1400005283_thumb.jpg

Blitz bumper - £635

post-247-0-11853600-1400005282_thumb.jpg

Rocket Bunny style fenders - £472.98 GBP (it says for the pair)

post-247-0-27273500-1400005283_thumb.jpg

All the above are from Japan parts.

While looking at the Blitz bumper, I had a though that surely Fensport will have the standard bumper, bonnet, etc from the race car?

OMG them fenders look amazing, true Adrian should have it..

Other front bumpers to consider (from Hyper rev)

C-West

Tom's

I think they are both full bumper by the looks.

OMG them fenders look amazing, true Adrian should have it..

Other front bumpers to consider (from Hyper rev)

C-West

Tom's

I think they are both full bumper by the looks.

Didn't put the Tom's one up because it looks Ferrari style again.

post-247-0-43201900-1400006402_thumb.jpg

C-West look cool, alittle GTRish.

post-247-0-81251000-1400006409_thumb.jpg

Thats correct, Adrian is keeping his bonnet and bumper just in case. Not a big fan of the Tom's as its a lil froggy like and the C-west mouth is a bit on the big side with nothing major for me to show off, same with the blitz but the revolution is a good shout if it's a whole bumper that is.

I'm pretty sure the OEM bumper is cheaper than those aftermarket ones, unless of course you want something else. The thing is with most non-OEM bumpers you really need the whole kit to make it look right which is adding lots of additional cost.

That's true to a certain degree Steve but if I was looking at going Carbon Fibre, which you'd think isn't going to be cheap, but in fact is cheaper than OEM, for example, bonnet plus paint is about £800odd where as you can get a carbon fibre bonnet for as little as £600.  But for the front bumpers off these kits, chances are that they're unpainted so by the time you get them painted, then you'll be looking at a lil more than OEM.  And I agree, some of these bumpers won't look right on their own, I'd need to get the sides and possibly even the rear which is big money.  The annoying thing is that there has been 2-3 white bumpers that have been sold over the last couple of months now on ebay so just missed them.....just got to wait until another one pops up or I find one in a breakers somewhere.

But if I was guna go all out, I'd probably consider these Todoroki Front Fenders rather than the rocket bunny ones, not a big fan of the rivet look and the half cut arches, this one closes the arches off and makes it look more complete:

1467262_645143675537477_1438393024_n.jpg

That's true to a certain degree Steve but if I was looking at going Carbon Fibre, which you'd think isn't going to be cheap, but in fact is cheaper than OEM, for example, bonnet plus paint is about £800odd where as you can get a carbon fibre bonnet for as little as £600.  But for the front bumpers off these kits, chances are that they're unpainted so by the time you get them painted, then you'll be looking at a lil more than OEM. 

You can get brand new front and rear OEM bumpers for (under) £400 + VAT for both. That's a lot cheaper than the aftermarket bumpers which you will have to paint as well.

I must say, pretty much all of those front bumper options look way worse than OEM.

Also a carbon fibre bonnet is fairly pointless considering the original is aluminium.

I think it's just a case of having to bide your time, Keith. You'll get there.