Keethos

Keethos' GT86 Journey Back To Health + Mods

Nice one Will....this "Follow" malarkey on ebay doesn't seem to work....think it just spits 1 email out at the start of the day and that's it  :(  Hmmmmmm.....now do I just get it but then need to clean and respray it, but if I need to do that, I'm really tempted to just go aftermarket bumper.....or just hold out for a decent white stock bumper......hmmmmmm

I've asked if Nathan for some quotes on how much he could get a stock front bumper and front passenger wing as well as the Varis Arising II kit, the Leg Motor Sport Club Sport kit, the Gialla kit and the Aimgain LF-Sport kit.....but if I do go this route, it won't be until I've got the rear quarter, door and front wing/fender sorted first.

Yeah, rears are fine, I've got tape on there because the bracket is broken though but the bumper itself is fine I think!

What do people think of the stock headlights anyways?  I've never had HID lights before but I'm not finding them all that at night, plus they look nice to begin with as a white light but they get a lil yellowy after a while......do people think I'll notice a massive difference between HID's and getting some brighter bulbs with none HID headlamps?

Hmmmm...thanks Lauren, I need to figure out if I can just use the HID bulb with any other front headlamp such as the angel eye ones  -_-

Bit of playing around to liven the car up a lil while I continue looking for parts and saving up to get the car fixed:

vHkJMBxnGKuvR6xe27TR-mfMNl14A8kUCl6OXfE0

Mag-JI9ceRUGiXmDcc32gJHC2vgFlX1UzKXq_Lj9

dz4v4_NHlLHRSLafLgLRNBfuQZHxaub6JqZxTfLU

CmeGCGNlj1UQOnmOasXRcT75GFTWnbqswM-HVTIw

Lol, I would have if I could find one but understeering into a tyre wall isn't what I'd class as drifting :( it would have been a more exciting story if I was :D

Since we have HID lights, by law, do we have to have headlight washers?  Anyone removed a bumper before or know how to remove the bumper i.e. what happens to the headlamp washer covers etc when you take the bumper off?  Do you have to removed the painted cover first as I assume they are connected to the pop out washer arm spray thingy rather than connected to the bumper itself right?  If I was to go aftermarket bumpers, then what would I do about the headlamp washers as the aftermarket ones don't seem to have any holes for them etc.

You're meant to have washers & auto levelers, that said, it's a grey area. One person will tel lyou one thing another will tell you another. I don't think it's an MOT requirement, but by law you are meant to. The reality is it's not really enforced lol

I think you have to have washers for the MOT if you have HID's. Though, you may want to check this. 

You're meant to have washers & auto levelers, that said, it's a grey area. One person will tel lyou one thing another will tell you another. I don't think it's an MOT requirement, but by law you are meant to. The reality is it's not really enforced lol

Yes, our car are supposed to have washers and auto levelers for mot, its something like cars before 2010 with hid don't, newer cars must.

Hmmmm.....hopefully if I do go this route it won't be an issue to just cut a hole out and stick the washer cap thingy dingly bit on.

Anyone know of any breaker yards around the Chester / Wreham / Warrington / Macclesfield area?  Will try and have a look around while I'm up there this weekend maybe.

Just found these on the American site:

10258693_10152617822087018_4713144856911

10317672_10152617822207018_5119910817204

They would go very well with the Valenti taillights....silly keen......in America they are call Spec-D headlights and they say it's only for the FR-S for some reason but to my understanding, since you can fit a HID kit to these units I don't think that's an issue (and fitting shouldn't be an issue as you can swap OEM BRZ with GT86 with FR-S).  The Japanese version/brand called Crystal Eye mention something about HID on their site but Google translate doesn't do a very clear job....any ideas people?  Who here can read Japanese?  http://www.crystal-eye.jp/shopdetail/000000000643/001/024/X/page1/recommend/

They would have the wrong beam deflection being LHD. Whether or not you can adjust this is something you'd need to find out or you'd be running with beam deflection stickers on it forever. 

These can't be HID as there are no headlamp washers. 

I'm assuming it won't be a problem if I get the Japanese Crystal Eye ones since they're RHD too, I wouldn't bother with the american versions.  The american lot have been fitting HID kits to their cars but seems like they don't need headlamp washers, maybe it's just a out of factory thing that you need headlamp washers.

But the headlamp washers aren't a part of the headlamp itself though are they?  I would have thought they were a separate units to the headlamps so I can still use the existing ones for new headlamps.

FYI People!

I've just got off the phone to my insurance company and they've told me that since I'm not claiming anything, I don't need to declare anything to them and as long as the car is still drivable, my car is still covered but only to the damage that I cause in my next crash.  They say they have engineers who can assess what the new crash has caused damaged wise......what I did forget to ask was what was to happen if I actually damage the same area that I've already damaged but they'll probably say the same, that their engineers can figure that out.....some how....but who knows, if it was to happen, they'll probably still try and argue out of it but at least I have pics to show it's current state.