Ch1L5t3R

Close call = Dash cam ordered

Close call = dash cam ordered from Amazon! 

Was driving along, doing about 65, and a Mercedes taxi chose the last second to pull out at the jct for furzton lake, I slammed on the brakes, and had to skid my car to the left to avoid him. If I hadn't have turned as well as braked I would have t-boned him. 

And after, rather than stop and say sorry he sped off! So popped my GT86 in sport mode, went all Jason borne on him and chased him around mk till he went onto the a5 and I got his license plate and taxi number. I've called the taxi firm and they got him to call me to apologise 👏👌

20171015_230224.jpg

43 minutes ago, cropzy said:

To be honest you shouldn't have chased him.

To be fair the Jason borne comment was a bit of a joke, I did follow him for a few roundabouts to get the index but I didn't break any limits or corner speeds to do this so didn't put myself in any further risk :)

MK is a strange place, large wide roundabouts on DC roads so it's quite easy to maintain speed around a roundabout but you know the car at the next junction won't judge it properly and still try to leap out in front of you. Having experience with a Ford "powershift" gearbox with a laggy turbo they neither have power or shift off the line. Sometimes I swear it would be safer for the drink drivers to be on the roads than the standards of taxi drivers doing the short runs.

21 minutes ago, Steeps said:

MK is a strange place, large wide roundabouts on DC roads so it's quite easy to maintain speed around a roundabout but you know the car at the next junction won't judge it properly and still try to leap out in front of you. Having experience with a Ford "powershift" gearbox with a laggy turbo they neither have power or shift off the line. Sometimes I swear it would be safer for the drink drivers to be on the roads than the standards of taxi drivers doing the short runs.

I find Taxi drivers to be absolute bellends.. no indicators, terrible manners and just pure horror. 

1 hour ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

I find Taxi drivers to be absolute bellends.. no indicators, terrible manners and just pure horror. 

Agreed, worst drivers on the roads.

Funny to read that taxi drivers are that bad. I recall reading in past that it's VERY hard to get taxi licence for classic London cabs for example, so i'd probably expect lot more professionalism from them

Of course no clue how things are (or had been) in reality, as never been @UK.

London black cabs yes, very well trained (the knowledge) and more road savvy than most users, but these are regular taxi firms so as long as you've been driving for 12 months, done an advanced test, know how the grid system works and know where the major landmarks are you're pretty much good to go. MK has a lot of competition for taxi drivers so it's a race to the bottom for pricing and talent, anyone more capable of driving will go elsewhere.

Looks like you were pretty lucky to avoid them. Unfortunately most of the drivers in Milton Keynes seem to be complete bandits and don't really pay attention to anyone else on the road. 

I've thought about getting a dashcam a few times, but I have never fully looked into them

1 hour ago, SimonB95 said:

Looks like you were pretty lucky to avoid them. Unfortunately most of the drivers in Milton Keynes seem to be complete bandits and don't really pay attention to anyone else on the road. 

I've thought about getting a dashcam a few times, but I have never fully looked into them

Look at you getting all active on the forums, proud of you 😘

1 hour ago, Minion said:

@TTR :ph34r:

I pay plenty of attention to other people on the road, that's why I end up with an aneurysm every time I bloody drive 🖕

What dash cam did you get? I'm hoping to get around to fitting mine in the next couple of days & eventually got a Viiofo A119 V2 after spending a lot of time watching youtube reviews.

Where I live taxi drivers are pretty good but I find its BMW drivers who think they own the roads 

Dash cam all fitted :) I went for the nextbase 512GW as it is really highly reviewed.

It was really easy to set up and really easy to run the cable through the roof and into the glove box 12v port without the need for any tools :)

Turns on and starts recording from engine start. 

Let's hope I never need it but it's nice to know it's there!

20171018_125636.jpg

On 16/10/2017 at 6:37 PM, cropzy said:

Get a decent one rather then a cheap one.

Yeah mine cost 130 :S was a bit more than i intended to spend but the reviews don't lie, this thing is awesome!

On 16/10/2017 at 7:02 PM, Cerastes said:

If you're with Adrian flux they have a list of approved dashcam's, will save you a bit more. 

I didn't check this list, but would be surprised if this one isn't on it as this tends to be the 'mainstream' one people go for :)

4 hours ago, Nemesis said:

What dash cam did you get? I'm hoping to get around to fitting mine in the next couple of days & eventually got a Viiofo A119 V2 after spending a lot of time watching youtube reviews.

Where I live taxi drivers are pretty good but I find its BMW drivers who think they own the roads 

I got this one vvv

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B071JTRQK4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I won't review it further as the reviews under amazon sum it up really nicely, but so far i would agree with the top ones :) 

Just got a NextBase 312GW ... installing it tomorrow for a test run up the M40 ... 
I've used that dash cam for 6 months, can't fault it.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

On 01/11/2017 at 6:44 AM, sam534 said:

I've used that dash cam for 6 months, can't fault it.

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Sensitive though ... took if off to 'play' (learn how it works if SWMBO comes in) with wifi interface. Just touching it or tapping table near it switches it on and starts recording! Getting fed up with recordings of the carpet and house interior!! :-)

And the microsd I tried is fooked so just swapped it for new one. Will try again next time I go out.

Then to hide the power cable.