Samsss

TD Catback exhaust group Buy?

7 hours ago, sam534 said:

Browny, how do you rate the noise/volume of the non res?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

Only go for a non-res if you definitely are not going to go for a manifold later. 

Only go for a non-res if you definitely are not going to go for a manifold later. 
Is there much of a difference between the res system to stock?

3 minutes ago, sam534 said:

Is there much of a difference between the res system to stock?

It will be louder than stock, but how much I don't know. But basically a manifold, no cats and a non-res system will be pretty loud. It will likely cause you problems with getting on track if that's what you want to do. Mike reckons that the TD resonated system is quieter than the equivalent Milltek. But of course when you lose the cats and stick a TD manifold in there the loudness will increase so its about balancing it out. Mine sounds lovely, it's loud enough, but not too loud and I can go on track without worry. 

It will be louder than stock, but how much I don't know. But basically a manifold, no cats and a non-res system will be pretty loud. It will likely cause you problems with getting on track if that's what you want to do. Mike reckons that the TD resonated system is quieter than the equivalent Milltek. But of course when you lose the cats and stick a TD manifold in there the loudness will increase so its about balancing it out. Mine sounds lovely, it's loud enough, but not too loud and I can go on track without worry. 
Thanks Lauren

15 hours ago, dom2497 said:

What the pipe diameter? I need to flow enough for 350 bhp. Hks mani plus front pipe with a cat with your res system should be under 100db?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

2.5" diameter pipework.

If you have a CAT in the system then I would expect under 100Db for static testing yes.

Thanks

Mike

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

Would this be with standard cut tips or could you squeeze milltek style ones in for the price? :D 

Either usual angle of cut, or we can do a more aggressive angled cut. The tip would be the same, just the angle of cut 1 of 2 options :) 

Mike

Either usual angle of cut, or we can do a more aggressive angled cut. The tip would be the same, just the angle of cut 1 of 2 options  

Mike
Got any pictures of the two? I didn't know there was a choice!

I will definitely go for a resonated cat back if the group buy goes ahead and we can make a bit of a day out of it
Yes, be a good day! Convoy from the midlands

Just out of interest, would it be possible to make a valve system whereby you can close the values for say motorway driving and open them when you want more noise? The same kinda thing as most sporty cars have from the big companies. Perhaps and extra option to the TD NA System?

I will be coming to TD later in the year for a UEL package, over pipe and mid-pipe and it's just a question I've had on my mind. Perhaps you could use the blank between the traction and track buttons or have a separate remote like the Aston GT8 Vantage? 

3 hours ago, Sighe98 said:

Just out of interest, would it be possible to make a valve system whereby you can close the values for say motorway driving and open them when you want more noise? The same kinda thing as most sporty cars have from the big companies. Perhaps and extra option to the TD NA System?

I will be coming to TD later in the year for a UEL package, over pipe and mid-pipe and it's just a question I've had on my mind. Perhaps you could use the blank between the traction and track buttons or have a separate remote like the Aston GT8 Vantage? 

A few people have tried such systems. They're expensive, unreliable and don't work well.

7 hours ago, Sighe98 said:

Could probably make a butterfly valve with a servo, not sure what you would do with the back pressure though

Could probably make a butterfly valve with a servo, not sure what you would do with the back pressure though
Twin exhaust so one muffled one open maybe?