Lauren

Provisional TSS Dates

Provisional dates are out. 7 rounds this year and a big clash with JAE for Croft. A new venue too in Three Sisters Wigan. And finally Snett 300!

07/04/18 Cadwell Park
19/05/18 Three Sisters
10/06/18 Blyton Park
08/07/18 Kendrew Barracks
19/08/18 Anglesey
02/09/18 Croft
27/10/18 Snetterton 300

There is apparently going to be a big announcement on the 28th December too. 

I'd be looking at Cadwell and Anglesey, maybe Blyton.

3 sisters would have to be cheap for me to consider it. Unsure on Kendrew, not as bad as Woodbridge but still not a proper circuit.

Croft has the JAE issue and looking at Croft's calendar, there's only the 16th available (and that might be taken by something else...) so it can't be moved to another date.

That leaves Snet 300, which is better than the 100, but for the 4 hour drive, and costs involved, not sure I'd bother with it again like this year.

34 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Yeah me too as I will be definitely missing Croft due to JAE and I really don't want to do Three Sisters. 

Why not Three Sisters Lauren? Is the circuit?

Just now, Carver said:

Why not Three Sisters Lauren? Is the circuit?

It's a kart track. Probably brilliant in a kart. I did a track day there back in 2005 or so. It's just very tight, so all corners are second gear and there are a fair few hairpins. It's only up the road from me too. 

46 minutes ago, Lauren said:

It's a kart track. Probably brilliant in a kart. I did a track day there back in 2005 or so. It's just very tight, so all corners are second gear and there are a fair few hairpins. It's only up the road from me too. 

Got ya. Pitty  

10 hours ago, Lauren said:

3 Sisters is my local track and as Lauren says it's a tight circuit so you will use 3rd once , very briefly. Good if you want to push the back out but a few corners are very close to the tyre wall ! It is due to be resurfaced early next year so should help with consistent grip levels as it can be slippy when damp but very abrasive when hot and dry.

8 hours ago, Cerastes said:

So still no circuits down south? 

Only proper track I could make it to is snetterton. Disappointing. 

There aren't many that are available during weekends and they are expensive. You've only got Combe, Brands and Goodwood really. What you need to do is move up North where all the best circuits are. ;)

Seriously do what the rest of us do and book into a Premier Inn with us lot the day before and enjoy the social. You've got a car,  drive it and do the road trip. It takes me four and a half hours to get to Snetterton as an example. 

Sports

Looks a good calender to me if it stays the same I don't need to book time off,.  I've never been to JAE so don't mind missing that and if the best drivers are missing from 3 sisters i might stand a chance of a trophy.  #trophy hunting.

I did book a night at a premier Inn for both Kendrew and Snetterton this year. However it bumps up the price of the whole event, fuel, hotel and when I should be saving to buy my first property it's not ideal. Also the other issue is I work most Saturday's; not that is much of an issue as I will drive up the night before; just makes it a long day and if the trip is 4-5 hrs I would have to leave immediately after getting in from work. 

The best option Jack is to move up north as I said. House prices are cheaper and then you can buy a house and have a life at the same time. Sorted. :)

I come from the South East (London/Kent) and would never go back. 

In other points, take a day off work. I always take the Friday off before to travel up for a Saturday sprint, or book the Monday off for recovery for a Sunday sprint. I guess if you really want to do it, you'll find a way, hopefuly. 

Yea I have looked into that; but then I'm not near family. Luckily I'm in a job where I can get a transfer or so I have been told. 

I will think about it, thanks. I want to see how my Pilot sport 4's (which I still haven't put on the car) handle compared to those awful 3/4year old Primacy's; would have been nice to have the Snetterton 100 again so I can compare the lap times. Kendrew will most likely be a different layout. 

Edit: I wonder what I can buy for my money a little further North... I'll check Zoopla

58 minutes ago, Cerastes said:

Edit: I wonder what I can buy for my money a little further North... I'll check Zoopla

A lot probably. But every time I go north, I can't wait to come back. Having only owned a house for a couple of years, we could sell up and almost buy a house in the north outright, but being near to family and friends is worth more to us than a cheaper lifestyle. I also don't do the TSS for the same reason @Cerastes, being right on the south coast makes every round a mission. Surprised there's no rounds in Scotland TBH, seems to be headed that way.

1 hour ago, maurice said:

Sounds a little extreme to move up North for TSS :lol:

Well it's more for a house. Where I live at the moment you can't buy a 2 bed house for less than £400k; and that would be a very rubbish area and/or house that needs work. With the money I have saved I could almost buy a property outright up North and not even worry about a mortgage or get a small mortgage. 

@knightryder I don't do TSS for winning, I have no chance of that. I do it to drive fast, push myself and the car. Yes there are trackdays and they probably offer better value for money, but you also get other people on track at the same time, I don't want to be constantly looking in my rear view mirror for fast approaching BMW M3's etc, having to move out the way and messing up my line, lap and fun. 

5 hours ago, maurice said:

Sounds a little extreme to move up North for TSS :lol:

Perfect excuse I reckon. :P

I come from the South East but have made a life up North, it's all doable really. I come down South far less these days as a result, though I'm currently at my mum's in London, haven't seen her since August!  @knightryder you don't have to stay where you're born. It's a shame though as obviously for you everywhere is north, but it does mean you have a huge slog to get anywhere. Swings and roundabouts with where you live of course as it is for me. 

I've done the opposite, moved from the North West to the South East. Initially for work but life happens and you get settled. I have a second adopted family down here now :D.

The house I've owned for 4 years has jumped enough in value to easily buy decent houses outright in the North, but the work is hard to come by for me. I'll probably cash in and come back in the long term future. 

7 hours ago, Lauren said:

@knightryder you don't have to stay where you're born.

The fiance is way too close with her family and especially her/our young nephew that even if that was the only reason to stay she'd never move. She loves Australia and wants to go back out and even the suggestion of moving there is a definite no :lol: Plus having retired parents close by is free childcare ;)

Back on topic, based on the venues and with a wedding to pay for, I guess I'm out again this year.......