Lauren

Provisional TSS Dates

Toyota Sprint Series 2018 and beyond :)
Hi all, we are pleased to announce a new partnership with the Japanese Sprint Series.

Known as JSS, it is run by Javelin and by joining them we have been able to expand our Toyota Sprint calendar to 7 rounds as well as retain great tracks. Oh and you get 2 championships for the price of one 😊

There will be some changes in 2018.
1, Your entries will now be made to JSS and you will be competing in both JSS & TSS
2, Competitive runs will be limited to 6, if there is time at the end then “Free Time” will be allowed.
3, JSS will operate a 7 round championship. 6 scores count, we will also follow the same for TSS
4, JSS has its own class structure.
5, You will run with JSS Door Squares & Competition numbers.

What stays the same?
Entry Fees stay the same £139 & £159
TSS is still run by the same people and we will have our own championship within the JSS.
TSS classes remain the same

Provisional Dates
07/04/18 Cadwell Park
19/05/18 Three Sisters
10/06/18 Blyton Park
08/07/18 Kendrew Barracks
19/08/18 Anglesey
02/09/18 Croft
27/10/18 Snetterton 300

I hope you will join us in making this a great championship and cementing our 10th anniversary year :)

Less track time and increase in minimum costs. Think it's track days next year... 

10 minutes ago, Mike said:

Less track time and increase in minimum costs. Think it's track days next year... 

Think you're right Mike. This announcement has just put me off.  The number of runs justified the price to me last year.  

£159 Sprint and 6 competitive  laps is  not cost effective 

Also this 'new' series which means you can compete in both is at odds with the class I and most others run in as the street class has the list 1A tyres but the Javelin class allows any road legal tyre so it's a bit of a pain here in that you will be disadvantaged if you wish to be classified in the JSS. Obviously this will be dependent upon the competition. NA MX5's are way slower than GT's, but I'm not sure what else would fall into the same class in the JSS as we would. Less runs is poor too. I just don't know how this is going to work out. They seem to have mixed it up a bit here. Unless those of us in N1 simply ignore the JSS side of it? 

According to the regs we'd be in J9. http://www.japanesesprintseries.com/jsprint1/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=27

Also given that 6 rounds will need to be competed in to the championship which it looks like I can only do five means no championship for me. I can't do Croft due to JAE and I really don't want to waste my time at the mickey mouse Three Sisters. Mind you this will be my fifth year and I have prioritised the TSS over everything else, so something has to give I guess. 

Some very interesting points from all angles, I too looked at the cost between trackdays and sprints bearing in mind track time. But IMO a trackday  will use more fuel, brakes, tyres and general wear on the car, so pros and cons each way. Having said that it all depends on what each individual wants and how competitive you are, I want to do some trackdays in the mix to be honest as they are good for developing the car.

1 hour ago, KevinA said:

Some very interesting points from all angles, I too looked at the cost between trackdays and sprints bearing in mind track time. But IMO a trackday  will use more fuel, brakes, tyres and general wear on the car, so pros and cons each way. Having said that it all depends on what each individual wants and how competitive you are, I want to do some trackdays in the mix to be honest as they are good for developing the car.

17 minutes ago, MikeB said:

Would be easier if they agree the tyre rules are th same as Javelin so at least you can try a better tyre if you want

But having to have another set of wheels and tyres for sprinting, does put the cost up a fair bit and is more hassle of course. I like to drive to work, drive home drive to the sprint, do the sprint drive home etc. I don't want to be having to change over wheels every time there is a sprint. I like the simplicity of only having to wash my car in terms of preparation. 

2 minutes ago, Lauren said:

But having to have another set of wheels and tyres for sprinting, does put the cost up a fair bit and is more hassle of course. I like to drive to work, drive home drive to the sprint, do the sprint drive home etc. I don't want to be having to change over wheels every time there is a sprint. I like the simplicity of only having to wash my car in terms of preparation. 

I was not meaning having another set of wheels but when time comes to change tyres having the option put on Michelin 4 for example.

I think Adrian will announce a tyre list for TSS sub division in due course, there seems to be a fair number of true road going tyres not on the MSA list 1a. Just remember folks.... black and round ;)

1 hour ago, MikeB said:

I was not meaning having another set of wheels but when time comes to change tyres having the option put on Michelin 4 for example.

But for the JSS it will require A048 or 888's etc. And if you really want to win you'll be looking at £150+ for A048s so it does get expensive. You will need another set of wheels so you can put your road tyres back on as driving around on A048 or 888's is not cool on the road. 

One thing to consider is any existing N1s folk can still do the TSS championship with the existing TSS structure,  just don't reister for JSS inclusion.

I am not advertising the new set up as not all of it suits me either, but there is options for everybody.

Yes very true, Kev. I'm not sure if I'll be doing enough rounds for the championship but will most likely compete in N1. Whether it's worth entering the JSS on 1a tyres will depend on the entries of course. 

I think I'm going to give this a shot this year as want to start getting on track.

Is there anything I need to know in terms of getting organised? 

Is it just stickers, helmet and my car I need or should I be looking for anything else?

I have never done anything like this before so I apologise for all the stupid questions I am going to ask...:lol:

2 hours ago, Minion said:

I think I'm going to give this a shot this year as want to start getting on track.

Is there anything I need to know in terms of getting organised? 

Is it just stickers, helmet and my car I need or should I be looking for anything else?

I have never done anything like this before so I apologise for all the stupid questions I am going to ask...:lol:

All you need is a helmet really. I wouldn't worry about anything else as such, just enjoy it.

13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

All you need is a helmet really. I wouldn't worry about anything else as such, just enjoy it.

Is there any sort of entry fee? Or just pay per round?

Also i have a helmet but it's only a cheap nasty thing do they need to be to a certain standard?