Lucas

AT Power - 67mm Throttle Body - NEW PRODUCT

Hello good people of the forum! 

I am proud to announce that we have finally received 67mm AT Power throttle bodies for FA20, and the results are pretty good! I will confirm myself, at some point, when I go for a dyno run, before and after installing this on my car.

102-106-00049.thumb.JPG.4560e88f784bfc7cdd49b1af0c3ad4f6.JPG

Dyno results without mapping from Litchfield Motors - https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/spingold-atpower/content/0e8dba8c02f7243a4ef96ce2f5974f7f.pdf

The initial testing on a completely stock Subaru BRZ haveshown very good gains in both torque and power throughout the rev range. This has been tested by Litchfield Motors Ltd

3,000rpm=  91.81bhp vs 90.17bhp / 159.9lbft vs 157.1lbft

4,000rpm= 123.16bhp vs 121.13bhp / 161.3lbft vs 158.6lbft

5,000rpm= 161.36bhp vs 158.51bhp / 169.5lbft vs 166.5lbft

6,000rpm= 199.39bhp vs 195.89bhp / 174.5lbft vs 171.5lbft

7,000rpm = 225.35bhp vs 214.81bhp/ 168.8lbft vs 160.9lbft

MORE INFO - https://www.part-box.com/at-power-67mm-throttle-body-toyota-gt86-subaru-brz-102-106-00049?search=AT THROTTLE BODY&description=true 

Special Price for Club members only: £550 delivered

1 hour ago, Foulsmell said: That graph is not for a standard car though is it? No torque dip etc.

You mean the 215bhp and 171lbft for the baseline figures weren't a giveaway? 

You would think so but seeing as dynos are all different the figures alone cannot be 100% trusted.

3 hours ago, Lucas@PartBox said:

As far as I know, the car was stock. We'll see what results @Mike@TD.co.uk will get. 

Not if it Steve's car it isn't. Pretty sure when I talked to Steve about it, he was making something like 230bhp (remember this is Litcheifled we're talking about) . So all the usual stuff, manifold, exhaust, air filter and remap. That isn't stock to me. I guess it's possible they could have tested it on a stock car, but Steve told me he got a good price as they used his car for testing. Hmm...

All said and done, it will be interesting to see what results Mike gets as we are all very familiar with that rolling road. 

1 hour ago, Foulsmell said:

You would think so but seeing as dynos are all different the figures alone cannot be 100% trusted.

Many, many years ago a number of us took our supercharged MR2's round a load of different rolling roads for something to do. It was all the rage back in 2002. We found that with the exception of some daft portable one at a car show they were all within around 1bhp of the others. We tried around five. Quite interesting I thought. Hub dynos are different though as you measure the power at the hub only. 

Yes it was on Steve's car. It was remapped by Litchfield as he has a Tomei UEL manifold and Scorpion exhaust. Standard filter as he has been looking at different one such as K&N typhoon, Injen etc.

2 hours ago, Lauren said:

We found that with the exception of some daft portable one at a car show they were all within around 1bhp of the others. We tried around five. Quite interesting I thought. Hub dynos are different though as you measure the power at the hub only. 

It all depends on type of dyno, setup, ramp duration, gear selection, tyre pressures if a rolling road plus environmental factors (which can be relatively negated if using SAE compensations)

I've seen the same car produce different graphs if just the dyno ramp duration is changed for example.

I'm honestly surprised that this makes power seeing as in the States the were shown to make about 10whp on a supercharged car. The same company was going to test larger TBs on a N/A car about a year ago, they never posted any results other than stating throttle response was improved, which is kind of obvious unless you remap the throttle, and hinted that the gains were pretty much negligible. Lets not forget that the OEM TB is much larger than most 2 litre N/A cars to start with at 65mm.

We did a Dyno Testing for the Grams TB on a supercharged FR-S and a couple N/A's

And we can confirm that YES it did actually make some power. For the price YES, it is worth it. 

before install the car made 303HP 238ft-lb TQ
after install the car made 307HP 238ft-lb TQ
after install with a tune up the car made 314-315 HP and 248ft-lb TQ

^High Boost Pulley @ 11psi  and e70

I would hope no one expects 10HP gains for $100 they spend (but then again this is 2016 now:bonk:) However, at $400 bucks (cheaper from us if you ask nicely ;) ) this throttle body will benefit the boosted demographic. We are also thinking about adding it to our Black Friday sale for extra savings!

On a Turbo FR-S we were not able to compare with/without the TB, due to time restrictions on the dyno. However, he did state that he was able to spool faster (take that and do with it what you want). He got about 320 on the dyno w/the TB on the small Greddy Turbo at 10psi. 

Another "cool factor" to it is the BOV got louder..as expected. but thats just a cool factor. 

Here is our write up on this
http://blog.86speed.com/tested-and-proven-to-make-hp-grams-throttle-body/

Stay Tuned as I will be doing another write up for the N/A population soon once that customer brings his dyno sheets in!

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=brz+throttle+body+site:www.ft86club.com&safe=off&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiAt__fz_DVAhWMIMAKHYuTBC8QrQIIMygEMAA&biw=1366&bih=638

It's only 6% larger which doesn't seem like it would make much difference to flow. AIUI our cats aren't really limited by throttle airflow anyway.