Neal

Manchester and Derbyshire show and shine meet.

Fingers crossed the scooters stay in Leek.  Might be worth heading up from the Buxton side if you have that option. 

Weather forecast is looking better depending on whose forecast you look at. 

Definitely feeling more positive weather wise having just watched BBC breakfast weather. 

Wash and polish for the black gt86 this morning and full detail for the red car this afternoon. 

Everyone knows the moment someone breaks the wax out it's bound to rain. Just stop at polish and everything is fine 

Would everyone consider it cheating or initiative taking it bottle of spray wax tomorrow for that just waxed look before judging starts

On arrival tomorrow do what you can to park in the same area. Should make for some good photos with all the spotless cars side by side.  Obviously guest competitors encourage are welcome to intermingle. 

If you could bring correct change for the competition entry that would be a great help. 

When your parked there's no rush to sign the entry sheet get a drink or eats first if you want . Those wanting to be there with Ben as he judges that's no problem and your welcome to argue your scores after the trophies have been awarded. 

If it helps Ben will be marking your paint shine, wheels, interior clean and engine bay. My engine bay is filthy so a wipe with a greasy rag will beat my score there. 

I will have the club vote slips with me either in the bar or at my car pictured below with my border collie so you cant miss me. Simply take a slip make a note of the club car you like best and hand it back before 1pm.

There isn't any official presentation. But if everyone wants to see the cups awarded gather near the cars at 1ish unless raining in which case grab a drink and congregate in a corner of the bar. 

No planned finishing time so don't feel pressured to hang around if you've had enough. 

Those bringing non members I trust you will keep them under control some of these mazda (yes I'm bringing a guest mazda eunos which is the worst of the lot)  and audi drivers can be quite the rabble and if your guest looks like winning a blind eye can be turned to sabotage or bribery.

Anyone wanting more information about detailing or car care products and techniques Ben from Lawtomotive will be around till 3ish

Any questions let me know or if I've missed anything remind me otherwise see you all tomorrow let the brightest car win. 

20170130_165129.jpg

DSC_0004.JPG

Edited by Neal
Forgot the photo

Same here. Engine in mine still has the horrible sticky green stuff Subaru use to stop salts getting to the engine in transit.  It sticks muck to the engine better than glue and roxy the dog enjoys painting mud pictures all over my interior. 

Who tried getting mud out of alcatara it's impossible. I put to much cleaner on the drivers seat look like a gentleman's trouser accident. 

25 minutes ago, Mark-in-Stoke said:

Engine bay and interior well that's me out then ;) and to top it off raining all bloody day today!  just can't seem to catch a break.

Got mine out of the garage at 9am and managed to wash it but couldn't dry it before it started to rain. Back in the garage now drip-drying while I at least manage to polish the back bumper!

Yeah, not much chance of washing the car, though I think it's possible it may ease off late afternoon. Otherwise I will be bringing a filthy car, or maybe the AE86 which hasn't been driven since it was cleaned about a month ago so it's got moss on it and stuff!

Currently hiding under my car port while waiting for it to stop raining, typically all I had left was the sills and rear diffuser.f36315069e74750cf138b082f540e133.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, Mike said:

Where do the non-clean car parks? :D

With me Claire has just given me mine back after I've cleaned hers and it's like it's been off roading. No time to clean it again now. 

Haven't had chance to clean mine due to the wonderful British weather as usual. Are there any prizes for the most bug splats? Think I might be in with a chance on that one. :P

Looking forward to the meetup nonetheless.