surrey86

Javelin trackday - Bedford GT - Friday 2nd December

May leave the decat manifold till after the trackday if I book in. Also reminds me that I need to do a driveby test on my current exhaust setup!

11 hours ago, rob275 said:

@Ade Waiting to see what the noise levels of the new exhaust are before I book, so next weekend.

@Leosille what are you doing this day?

I don't think my car will pass any noise tests, plus I think I'm away from Friday to Monday working

14 hours ago, Ade said:

4 GTs on the list now.... @rob275 @TTR @will300 @Special K @Apex @Rich @Paul... prices will go up soon!

Is there a date when the prices go up and how much by? I won't know if I can take the day off work till next week. Need to test if it will meet the noise limit too. I think static should be fine just unsure about drive by.

14 hours ago, Ade said: 4 GTs on the list now.... @rob275 @TTR @will300 @Special K @Apex @Rich @Paul... prices will go up soon!

Is there a date when the prices go up and how much by? I won't know if I can take the day off work till next week. Need to test if it will meet the noise limit too. I think static should be fine just unsure about drive by.

It goes up once they have a certain number signed up I think.

My car is just under the noise limit scoring 99db, so will be booking tomorrow.

This will be my first ever track day, do I need to bring anything special or do anything with the car beforehand? Any tips would be appreciated.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Empty the car of any loose items, long sleeve top and trousers, fit towing eye when you're there, take your drivers license and just make sure everything is fine with the car really.

Sent from my EDI-AL10 using Tapatalk

I've been waiting the best part of 8 months for a dental appointment after my dentist was setting up his new clinic and unfortunately said appointment is falling on this day  so i'm not going to be able to make this. Teeth are more important, otherwise when i do smile on track i'll look like an ugly bastard.

25 minutes ago, rob275 said:

I've been waiting the best part of 8 months for a dental appointment after my dentist was setting up his new clinic and unfortunately said appointment is falling on this day  so i'm not going to be able to make this. Teeth are more important, otherwise when i do smile on track i'll look like an ugly bastard.

You already look like an ugly bastard though? 

2 minutes ago, rob275 said:

I was going to give you first dibs on manifold pics, you can do one now!

Rob you need to update your thread! 

Any plans to dyno the car to see if you've gained anything? 

@Ade Not got the car back yet, they are finishing off the manifold today and just have the over-pipe to do which is proving tricky due to its size and bends. Should be getting some pictures this afternoon though to put on my thread.

3 hours ago, rob275 said:

I've been waiting the best part of 8 months for a dental appointment after my dentist was setting up his new clinic and unfortunately said appointment is falling on this day  so i'm not going to be able to make this. Teeth are more important, /

otherwise when i do smile on track i'll look like an ugly bastard.

Eh?

You're an ugly barsteward anyway . .  why worry about a bit of ceramic, we're used to it . .

B)

Spec K

My car will be up at Funsport. New plans, new ideas . . roll on 2017.

. . and I was looking forward to Bedford, my tracktime adrenaline rush is so depleted this year I am in manic depressive mode  . . even though I still need my surgeon's sign-off. If the tosser hadn't fscked up in June I'd have had a good couple/three more sprints this year . . gave #3 to Haversack, goddamit . .

Big milestone week this week . .  

Spec K

Well it's not the greatest track out there, it's good for waving your willy around and hanging your balls out the window because there is so much run off. I'd sooner pick brands which is my local over bedford personally.

4 hours ago, Ade said:

@TTR are you coming to bedford? 

Probably coming, but probably not going to be on track as my latest pay packet got raped by HMRC. 

23 hours ago, rob275 said:

Check tyre pressures & fluids etc thats about it, helmet, though you can hire one.

19 hours ago, Keethos said:

Empty the car of any loose items, long sleeve top and trousers, fit towing eye when you're there, take your drivers license and just make sure everything is fine with the car really.

Cool, the car has not long had its service so all should be good mechanically, will give it a once over beforehand just in case. Bought a helmet from Demon Tweeks at the weekend as I'd prefer my own and plan on doing more days next year.

Booked my place tonight so will see you guys there :)