surrey86

Javelin trackday - Bedford GT - Friday 2nd December

I usually go through a tank and a half now, 100 miles to a full tank. Drive the morning with 3/4 a tank, fill up at lunch, then keep on going until the low fuel light is on.

First few trackdays I did on a single tank just because I wasn't putting the laps in.

28 minutes ago, TTR said:

How much fuel do you guys tend to get through on a track day? 🤔

It's normally about a tank and a half. Arrive with a full tank and take a 20L jerry can. Sorted. 

Haha, I was thinking the same when looking through it, there's an Austin Allegro and an Alfasud on there too :lol:

I'd be up for a passenger ride if you don't mind. Would be nice to see what the car can do in the hands of someone with more track experience than me and pick up some tips. Even if it will probably make me want a supercharger afterwards :P

On 29/11/2016 at 9:12 AM, Ade said:

Always makes me chuckle looking at the attendance list. Top of the list is a Hillman Avenger :lol:

New website so here the new link:

http://www.javelintrackdays.co.uk/trackdays/index.php?route=product/product&path=60&product_id=109

Anyone popping along for a passenger ride?

I'll be coming down to see what those 720Form's look like in reality........Will probably bring my lid for a passenger ride too :D

10 minutes ago, TTR said:

I'll be coming down to see what those 720Form's look like in reality........Will probably bring my lid for a passenger ride too :D

Cool. I've attached the passenger form if you want to fill it out before hand. 

Passenger Form (2).pdf

p.s. dont get too excited. All the gear and no idea and all that :lol:

6 hours ago, Ade said:

p.s. dont get too excited. All the gear and no idea and all that :lol:

Don't worry Ade you won't be stuck staring at my blue exhaust tips all day this time!

2 hours ago, Ade said:

:lol::lol:

Dw though, at least you haven't got a painted lid like me! That's the stage when people presume that you're good :lol:

Really wish I could've booked into this, just unfortunately have absolutely eff all money right now! 

6 hours ago, Ade said: p.s. dont get too excited. All the gear and no idea and all that 

Don't worry Ade you won't be stuck staring at my blue exhaust tips all day this time!

I think someone got cocky after their first trackday. I was behind you for about two laps and you were up another cars arse. I wasnt going to risk anything with tyres which are not great in the damp after Rich had this gone into the armco!

Last minute question as I've never been on a track day before, I know you have to remove any loose items from the car but is there anywhere you can put these whilst out on track? I was too late to book to get a garage

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Ade said:

Dw though, at least you haven't got a painted lid like me! That's the stage when people presume that you're good 

Really wish I could've booked into this, just unfortunately have absolutely eff all money right now! 

Arnt you supposed to be an aspiring racing driver?

Last minute question as I've never been on a track day before, I know you have to remove any loose items from the car but is there anywhere you can put these whilst out on track? I was too late to book to get a garage

There will be a garage to put tools ect.

Last minute question as I've never been on a track day before, I know you have to remove any loose items from the car but is there anywhere you can put these whilst out on track? I was too late to book to get a garageSent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

There will be a garage to put tools ect.

Cool, good to know, thanks

22 minutes ago, Ade said:

Arnt you supposed to be an aspiring racing driver?

Nope, not me :ph34r:. Done some Karting, that's about it really. But would consider myself handy behind the wheel of a racecar :P. But by no means the best haha. 

22 minutes ago, Ade said: Arnt you supposed to be an aspiring racing driver?

Nope, not me . Done some Karting, that's about it really. But would consider myself handy behind the wheel of a racecar . But by no means the best haha. 

Ah right. Well I don't consider myself slow either but not particularly fast lol. I WILL NOT be using racechrono tomorrow..... to see how I compare to other cars/people.

3 minutes ago, Steeps said:

"Some" karting? Working at a karting track and helping yourself is not "some"  :P

Honestly I haven't done much at all this year haha. Maybe like 5 hours in total.

3 minutes ago, Steeps said: "Some" karting? Working at a karting track and helping yourself is not "some" 

Honestly I haven't done much at all this year haha. Maybe like 5 hours in total.

Total per day

P.s what an awsome job!

3 hours ago, Ade said:

Total per day emoji6.png

P.s what an awsome job!

Mate, i WISH i could do 5 hours of Karting everyday. I would die a very happy man! Also don't work there anymore haha. I'm helping develop eCommerce platforms these days, a proper job as opposed to working at a Karting track :lol: