Kodename47

Recall Notice: Power Steering Defect

22 minutes ago, KevinA said:

There are no dealers down here I would trust !!

I've never used the dealer I'm booked in with, but someone at work has used them multiple times without issue, so fingers crossed it's all okay. 

12 minutes ago, Kaisersalsek said:

Why is my dealer the only one that doesn't have a clue what to do with this? Maybe I'll try a different one...

Or just wait they probably do, they are just fed up with people calling them. It's not an urgent recall it will likely take until the end of the year for them to do it for everyone. I've not been contacted yet but i'm by no means worried.

Considering the fault is a few years old, it would have probably happened to you by now if it was going to happen. As Rob says, there's no rush for it, just get it done with the next service or something

4 hours ago, rob275 said:

Or just wait they probably do, they are just fed up with people calling them. It's not an urgent recall it will likely take until the end of the year for them to do it for everyone. I've not been contacted yet but i'm by no means worried.

Apparently I was the first one to call! Plus I only got the car last weekend, so no idea if there have been previous unreported issues with it

Had my recall done on Wednesday just gone at rrg macclesfield while I was in having proper tyres fitted. Thank you Lauren for the yoko recommendation car has great balance now.

The recall took a few hours to sort the work order shows the work costing toyota over  £900 so it's a fair bet they are taking this seriously 

Is any recall order likely to come from Toyota GB or from a dealer?

Now that mine's past 50,000 miles and four years old it's being serviced/maintained by indies now as I hav elittle confidence in local Toyota dealers, especially at top dollar rates.

5 hours ago, daidaiiro said:

Is any recall order likely to come from Toyota GB or from a dealer?

Now that mine's past 50,000 miles and four years old it's being serviced/maintained by indies now as I hav elittle confidence in local Toyota dealers, especially at top dollar rates.

It should probably come from T-UK rather than your dealer using their own and DVLA registered owner records, although no harm in you giving a dealer of choice a ring, or possibly even registering if you are not already with 'my toyota' as it highlights any service recalls - https://www.toyota.co.uk/tme#/my-toyota/

Mine is booked in for the week after next at RRG to get this done as I'm also getting my Milltek replaced to the updated flexi-pipe version (weld crack was just starting to show at my 3 years service/MOT the other week), and I was asking Richard if he had ever come across the actual fault that it was for given that RRG Macc likely sees more 86's for work than the rest of the network put together and he hadn't seen or heard of any in the UK which underlines the lack of worry we should have (it would seem it may be more of an issue in tropical-ish countries that have far higher humidity than we do where a few wiring looms have suffered corrosion and shorting).

12 hours ago, SteveB01 said:

Presumably applies to BRZs as well given all built in same factory? I have not heard anything from my Subaru dealer, should I call them?

I think a lot of people haven't heard anything yet Steve, myself included. I'm sure they'll get to you. :)

Is it just me or did the replacing of the Power Steering ECU make the steering exceptionally heavy... you need biceps and a half to turn my car now... or was that just because I had a full service, recall and coil ignition fault inspection done... and its like a combination of all that.

Think I'll have to start on the weights again to be able to drive.