KatBeans

Urgent advice - Decals -!

Hey everyone! 

My name is Katrina, and Im desperate for advice!

So I'm as new as new can be, picked up my gorgeous Red GT86 this evening, with carbon propack, and had originally ordered roof and bonnet standard decals.

Toyota have screwed up and the decals hadn't arrived yet, but they needed the sale put through before July, and I was more than happy to run off with my car, too eager to wait. 

Now I thought the plain red would look bland, and wanted mine to stand out a bit, however now all im reading online is how much everyone hates the roof and bonnet decals :(

What do I do? do I tell them to not bother and refund my 200 quid? do i go ahead? or this going to effect the residual value of my car? do people really hate them so much? :( 

they are likely going to call me tomorrow to arrange a convenient time to take my car off me and do the decals, so any help urgently would be amazing!!!!! 

just a few sly pics of her down below... 

and hello to everyone!

13512244_10153694107791658_1942611112338030813_n.jpg

13524312_10153694106261658_4670071119284424912_n.jpg

it's your car and if you really want the stripes then get them put on, forget about the sales value at the end, if you are that fussed about the sales value then you can always remove the stripes when you go to sell it

Do what you want. I doubt it'll make much difference to resale anyway. Nearly all these cars are personalised in some way.

If you like it plain though stick with it for now - you can always put them on later (or something different)

I like the mirrors a lot...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reassurances,

I guess I'm just nervous in case I don't like the final result, but as you say, i can always have them removed afterwards... :)

Ill take some closeups of the mirrors tomorrow and share, the carbon fibre is lovely, and was a nice surprise when i discovered rear parking sensors with the pack! (didn't realise at first)

Either way, she's great to drive and im sure re-sale value will be pointless as I doubt i'll want to sell her anytime soon. :D 

Welcome, nice car ;)

Yea I echo what these guys said, do what you think is best.

If you change your mind at a later date, it's easy enough to have them removed/added. A lot of the cars here have have been personalised in far more drastic ways than that :)

6 minutes ago, Ztox said:

Welcome, nice car ;)

Yea I echo what these guys said, do what you think is best.

If you change your mind at a later date, it's easy enough to have them removed/added. A lot of the cars here have have been personalised in far more drastic ways than that :)

Cheers, to be honest this is a pretty big jump for me from my Yaris........ :D so wanted to go nuts.... 

so i suppose i will.... and ill be sure to share the final result on here.... 

cant even sleep now thinking about wanting to go driving....tomorrow will be the first day i look forward to my commute into work! :wub:

42 minutes ago, nikndel said:

If you don't mind me asking is this car brand new it's just that I saw a 16 plate in Hatfield Peveral 2 weeks ago on the way to a event?

Morning and thank you!

You definitely didn't see mine .... First go on the road was yesterday :) brand new. 

I will be commuting in it to and from Ipswich though so keep an eye out ;) 

8 hours ago, Nicebiscuit said:

Do what you want. I doubt it'll make much difference to resale anyway. Nearly all these cars are personalised in some way.

If you like it plain though stick with it for now - you can always put them on later (or something different)

I like the mirrors a lot... emoji41.png

Took a pic of wing mirrors for you :) 

though couldn't get the detail right :P 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Of course you could always have custom decals made... Have a Google to see what others have done.

My car's red as well, and currently I'm tempted to try borrow something like this...

86818b1df9926459b30e5124b1ee98cb.jpg

30 minutes ago, Ztox said:

Oh yea, just realised you're local. I'm just down the road in Witham :)

I spend most weekends down heybridge basin .... You might see my car around there :) 

i hear there have been a few meets down there? 

Congrats and welcome to the club, glad you went with your heart and not with your head, never worry about what others think about your car, it's what you think that matters the most......but it is a bonus when others do like it I suppose.....so FYI, good choice, looks good!!!

Looking good! I'll keep an eye out for it :)

As a club we hold semi-regular meets down south alternating between The Grasshopper Inn near Westerham in Kent and The Lion Inn in Boreham. Information goes up here in the 'Social Meets' section as and when so keep an eye out if you fancy popping along to one :)

On 4 July 2016 at 8:50 PM, Lauren said:

Looks good. No side stripes then? 

I think you need them to finish it off. 

nah! Didn't want to overcrowd her ....

its looking pretty perfect at the minute :)