Kristov4

Anyone up for an epic adventure? 9th-13th April

Suggested dates 9th-13th April

I am looking into the possibility of doing the north coast 500 over the easter break! 

I will be going with my brother for some sibling bonding but it would be great to have a few more of you along for the ride.

Check it out at http://www.northcoast500.com and if you think you might be interested stick your name on the list.

The itinerarys on the site suggest 5 days but I reckon we can bang it out in four.

dates not set in stone at this stage so just stick your name down if you like the idea.

1. Kristov4

2. Lauren

Edited by Kristov4
Dates updated

I've been going up to Durness since I was a twinkle, I know those routes and some of the hidden treasures that the tourist trail doesn't usually include.

IIRC Good Friday is 25th March 2016.

If this is a driving event, I'm in!

It's something I've been contemplating since I read about the NC500 on PistonHeads, so definitely would be interested (as if my '86 weren't already racking up miles at an alarming rate!!).

But it would depend on dates and work and other commitments....

Chris

It's a driving event! I seriously doubt Chris is going to cycle all that way! ;)

The only thing is, I'm guessing for Chris it has to be in school holidays, I'm slightly worried about increases in traffic, as opposed to before the Easter holidays. But if we can all go as a group that would be cool as I was thinking of sorting this anyway. 

I have driven most of this route before, though not for ten years or so, would love to get back up to the Highlands. The route from Mellness to Ullapool is a real highlight. 

I'll have you know I've done the London to Brighton twice! admittedly I walked up Ditchling Beacon on both occasions! But 500 miles! in the Highlands! This is definetly a driving event!

I was originally considering the goodfriday - easter Monday  but as Mike said I have two weeks to play with if we feel the easter weekend itself will be too busy.

As long as I have enough notice I can do anytime, but yes, the traffic will be a nightmare, most of the Easter week will be busy up there to be honest.

Hopefully have another BRZ by then - if not I'll be in the Mazda (I'll lug the supplies!)!

Would love to join in but if it's the Easter weekend (i.e. Friday 25th till the 27th) then I won't be able to make it, stag do in Hamburg but if it's the start of the following week, it would be great for me as I'll be half way there.

I have also being planning THE most epic UK road trip. I think I will drive this before the N.coast 500 and turn it in to a 1,000 mile beast :)

This is what I have came up with so far. It's a work in progress, I tried to include all the places on amazing roads to visit including the Evo triangle, Yorkshire Dales, Butter tubs and the Tan Hill Inn, Loch Lomond and some gems I've previously found.

clic here to see on map

Unfortunately being a teacher I have no choice but to go during the school holidays😔

Whilst I have no problem with anyone organising trips on alternative dates I would appreciate this thread remaining focused on the window I have suggested. I hope this request doesn't cause any offence. 

Impressed with your proposed route though Chris. 😜

Might be worth seeing if any of our Scottish members know when their easter holiday is - it may well be possible that they don't coincide and so we could go when they weren't on holiday which may cut the traffic down a little?