Kristov4

Anyone up for an epic adventure? 9th-13th April

Ok I have booked or booking the following Hotels/lodge houses based on our brief discussion on sunday when it was agreed we would keep the accommodation as cheap as possible. Let me know if this is not appropriate.

9th April
Bazpackers Hostel
Bazpackers Hostel
4 Culduthel Rd
Inverness
IV2 4AB
01463 717663
Apartment sleeps 4 adult in bunks I believe. £80
10th April
Seaview Hotel
Seaview Hotel
John O'Groats
Caithness
KW1 4YR
01955 611220 
Quad bunk house sleeps 4 adults £100
11th April
Smoo Cave Hotel
Smoo Cave Hotel
Lerin
Durness
IV27 4QB
Apartment sleeps 4 adults
Double/twin 2 singles Kitchen Bathroom etc. Breakfast included.
£125
12th April
Gairloch Highland Lodge
Gairloch Highland Lodge
Gairloch Highland Lodge
Gairloch
IV21 2AH
01445 771223
Family room Twin and two bunks sleeps 4 adults £156
13th April
Garve Hotel
Garve Hotel
Mar Road
Garve
IV23 2PR
01997 414205
Standard twin Sleeps 2 adults £65
I have made these bookings on the basis of myself +1 Mike and Faith sharing
Note the Garve Hotel is only booked for 2 i.e. me+1 Because Faith will not need accommodation so Mike you will need to book something.
Hope this all makes sense and those of you that have showed an interest can join us.
Cheers Chris

Edited by Kristov4
Updated accommodation for 11th April

Kinda makes sense apart from I only have Saturday 9th to Tuesday 12th off.  Therefore, I will be driving home on Tuesday 12th, so will not need accommodation on the evening of the 12th

Just to check, those dates are "the night of" stays right? I was planning on driving back on the Wednesday so if they are, I think accommodation is sorted for me. Thanks for sorting Chris.

I was thinking I'd stay with a friend in Aberdeen on the 9th, so I'd drive across and join you in Inverness on the morning of the 10th, assuming a really early get away isn't planned.

9 hours ago, Mike said:

Just to check, those dates are "the night of" stays right? I was planning on driving back on the Wednesday so if they are, I think accommodation is sorted for me. Thanks for sorting Chris.

Yes Mike dates are for the night of stay so you are sorted except for the 11th April which I'm working on.

19 hours ago, Rich said:

Are extra rooms/beds likely to be available at those hostels?

Yes Rich you should be able to book additional beds. Availability was good when I booked. look back soon for update on the 11th. If you don't mind sharing the family room on the 12th then you can grab that bunk as Faith won't need it.

20 hours ago, faith said:

Kinda makes sense apart from I only have Saturday 9th to Tuesday 12th off.  Therefore, I will be driving home on Tuesday 12th, so will not need accommodation on the evening of the 12th

Faith thats cool. 

On 15 February 2016 at 1:01 PM, Merich22 said:

Im up for this! 

Merich are you still in?

2 hours ago, Kristov4 said:

Yes Mike dates are for the night of stay so you are sorted except for the 11th April which I'm working on.

Awesome, thanks again! How do you want paying?

12 hours ago, Kristov4 said:

Yes Rich you should be able to book additional beds. Availability was good when I booked. look back soon for update on the 11th. If you don't mind sharing the family room on the 12th then you can grab that bunk as Faith won't need it.

Faith thats cool. 

Merich are you still in?

Yeah, Im still up for this! Can you pm me where I need to book rooms for? Not sure if its cause its early morning, but I cant get my head round it all! haha :lol:

Work are being funny about holiday time, so I'm not sure if I can get the time off for this now. Should know by this evening and then I'll book if I can.

Excellent Rich. Let me know how you get on with bookings.

i understand you won't need the 9th. There is a bed available on the 12th as Faith won't need it.

you should be able to get something at the seaview John O'groats but Smoo Cave hotel on the 11th did tell me they only had the family apartment available when I booked today. They might be prepared to squeeze another bed in if you ask. It's booked in my name 'Chris Walker' let me know if you have any probs.

Booked in to Seaview hotel for the 10th, still trying to find somewhere for the 11th. Can I grab the spare bed for the 12th?

13th I should be able to stay in Aberdeen again.

Edit: I'm booked in the Morven B&B next door to the Smoo Cave on the 11th. :)

11 hours ago, Rich said:

Booked in to Seaview hotel for the 10th, still trying to find somewhere for the 11th. Can I grab the spare bed for the 12th?

13th I should be able to stay in Aberdeen again.

Edit: I'm booked in the Morven B&B next door to the Smoo Cave on the 11th. :)

Excellent Rich. No problem for the 12th. 

Really looking forward to this now. Keeping one eye on the weather! Seems to be lots of conflicting reports about. 

9 hours ago, Kristov4 said:

Excellent Rich. No problem for the 12th. 

Really looking forward to this now. Keeping one eye on the weather! Seems to be lots of conflicting reports about. 

Really too early to tell on the weather. Anything further than about 5 days of forecasting is basically just pulling weather out of a hat.

37 minutes ago, Rich said:

Really too early to tell on the weather. Anything further than about 5 days of forecasting is basically just pulling weather out of a hat.

I've found metcheck to be pretty damn accurate for 3 months, that said Scotland is a different climate

I am driving to Aberdeen on Friday. Staying over there and meeting you in Inverness on Sunday morning. We should arrange a time and place to meet (at your hotel?)

I will be in Edinburgh Friday night and heading to Inverness on the Saturday. There is no private parking at the Hostel in Inverness but there are a couple of carparks close by. It might cost up to £7 for overnight parking. All the other accommodation have parking available.

@Rich I suggest we meet you on sunday at Inverness castle. I believe this is the official start point and should be good for some photos. What time do you anticipate getting to Inverness?