Kristov4

Anyone up for an epic adventure? 9th-13th April

Incidentally, if you have time I'd suggest leaving the A9 at Perth and going up the A93 to get to Inverness. It's an amazing drive, and no average speed cameras.

Looks like an epic trip. It must be thirteen years since I've done that route (well most of it). How were the roads? Was it quiet in the holidays and highlights? 

I remember Tongue near Melness being fab for scenery with the best driving roads being from the far northwest down to Ullapool. 

Roads were really quiet, and almost all the drivers we did meet were really courteous and let us past on single track roads. I thought the run down from Durness to Gairloch was the highlight of the trip both for scenery and roads, though the mountain pass back from Applecross was pretty special too.

Yea, the drivers were fine, I even had someone back up to let me past even though I was just past a passing place! The sheep on the other hand...

Roads were great, some were rather bumpy which wasn't the best for my stiffening suspension at speed so had quite a bumpy ride at times and the traction light flickering round corners.

All in all, an awesome trip even if I did need to leave a day early, thanks again for organising Chris!