Kristov4

Anyone up for an epic adventure? 9th-13th April

Why not a field trip? You may have to drive a bus though...

A quick Google suggests schools close on the Thursday 24th March for 2 weeks and a day and re-open on the Monday. Presumably the first weekend will be the worst?

17 hours ago, chillismoke said:

I have also being planning THE most epic UK road trip. I think I will drive this before the N.coast 500 and turn it in to a 1,000 mile beast :)

This is what I have came up with so far. It's a work in progress, I tried to include all the places on amazing roads to visit including the Evo triangle, Yorkshire Dales, Butter tubs and the Tan Hill Inn, Loch Lomond and some gems I've previously found.

clic here to see on map

Not wanting to distract from Chris's thread even more but you're 20 miles east of the Evo triangle at your start point of the Horseshoe pass (good but short) there Chris ;) Would definitely join for some of that though, your route goes past my flat so can't say no :D

15 hours ago, Deacon said:

Might be worth seeing if any of our Scottish members know when their easter holiday is - it may well be possible that they don't coincide and so we could go when they weren't on holiday which may cut the traffic down a little?

It's usually the 2 weeks following the Easter weekend but as it falls so early next year it is the 2nd-17th April in Glasgow, however this seems to vary regionally as the Highland's are 25th March - 10th April:

http://myschoolholidays.com/gb--Highland

If we can get some date's roughly set, would you like to include some go-karting? There's a great outdoor track near Edinburgh and a few Scottish members have already shown an interest in doing a karting day.

Might be a good start/end to the trip?

I think as Chris has already mentioned, a new thread needs to be created. Chris asked if anyone would like to join him on the trip he posted but it's gone off with people organising their own things. I'm utterly confused and I don't like to be. 

Ok I've done a little research into school holidays in scotland and england and the result is a little confusing.

As Easter is so early this year many schools are off for the Easter bank holidays but then resume on the tuesday till the friday 1st April. They are then off until the 18th April for the Spring break. However some schools are breaking up for spring break on Thursday 24th March and returning on Monday 11th April.

Hertfordshire are following the former plan so I will be suggesting to my brother that we take advantage of the week from the 11th to the 17th April as potentially many schools will be back by then. 

Phew I hope that makes sense. Will confirm dates after consultation with my bro at christmas.

Ok peeps, suggested schedule is meet in Inverness on Saturday 9th April to start the route on Sunday morning. Arrive back in Inverness Tuesday eve 12th April head home Wednesday 13th April. 

Link below to wet your appetite.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUhKhQP4PBo

Sounds good, might not be able to stay till the Wednesday, but could potentially do the Saturday till Tuesday morning B-)  Any ideas on hotels yet?

I could do part of the run on day one, unfortunately I cant spare four or five days :(

Every year me and some friends do a similar run starting from Stirling then up the west coast, then the 500 miles route, plus back down the east coast, we usually do it over a weekend.

My sons school is closed from 25th March to 11th April, most areas in Scotland have roughly different dates.

Sorry been off the radar for a while.

I am still planning to go ahead with this and will be looking at accommodation this week. My brother won't be joining me anymore so I would be up for sharing accommodation to keep the cost down.

The dates remain the same but I might be looking to drive to Edinburgh initially on the 8th before moving on to Inverness on the 9th. The route would then be Anti clockwise stopping at or around Inverness -John O'Groats-Durness-Applecross-Inverness.

:( Sadly I won't be available for this anymore, I'll be back in the UK by then but I have to be in the office that week (week of the 11th) so won't be able to get any time off then :(