rob275

Bedford trackday 29th Feb

1 hour ago, Tareim said:

even though I've not hear your car I'm 99% sure you will pass with that setup, the japspeed cat back is very similar to the q300 which is quiet

Hope so, it doesn't sound too loud outside. Just know the Bedford drive by policy is no second chances if you set off the mics by the track.

1 hour ago, AJ124 said:

Hope so, it doesn't sound too loud outside. Just know the Bedford drive by policy is no second chances if you set off the mics by the track.

One of us will go and stand in front of the mic for you. ;)

You'll all have fun at the end of the month...

Was at Bedford Autodrome today, VERY cold, icy entrance road on arrival,  but sunny and dry. The only GT86 there...sad times... but a good mix of cars.

Another well run event by Javelin - they did black flag me once (the no drifting policy...) but accepted that I was genuinely trying to keep it tidy.... nothing deliberate (I blame the worn Primacys).

I was worried that on the 3.8 mile GT circuit the car would feel under powered - but not at all - could make excellent progress but still enjoy the balance of the car (such an enjoyable chassis to balance as it tries to let go a lot - again maybe the primacys & cold track temp).

So cold that my tyres are set to 35psi (always show 35 on a warm day - stationary / not been driven / in the garage) were down at 32 (due to weather) but back up to 37 (& higher) after a few laps.

Surprising how much quicker the GT lapped compared to much nicer / more dedicated machinery, really is a good car, don't know how these get slated.

Tyres and brakes seemed just about take 4 - laps before noticeably going off.

The idea was to give Cath some time as a passenger on track (having missed the opportunity at the Sprints last season).

(Speaking of which they said the 2016 TSS dates will be released soon - and will include Anglesey!).

I guess the only negative is that Bedford is still quite a "rough" surface and seems to give the tyres a harder time than other circuits (maybe because it's a "corporate entertainment venue" as such).

But smiles all round - top day:

2 hours ago, GT86Owner said:

This is gonig to be epic. Unfortunately, my wheels wont arrive till march so looking like I will be on primacies.....should be fun if its cold and icy.

Will teach you how to drive then.....

On 18 January 2016 at 9:41 AM, Keethos said:

Awesome, glad you and the Mrs had an awesome time at Bedford!  Really looking forward to it, will you not be joining us at all?

Sorry - missed this post - I have a big birthday that weekend so I'm away... Shame as its so local and I'd go again now! - enjoy 👍🏽

Thats 16 cars booked for the trackday now! and a few spectators.

List from the other side so not sure if all names match up.

Confirmed on track:
  1. Spanytom
  2. Steeps
  3. Galaxian
  4. GT86-Ian
  5. Ade
  6. Faith
  7. Mike
  8. Furnate
  9. AJ124
  10. Steve_P
  11. Rob275
  12. K1a4
  13. 86alex
  14. Will300
  15. Keethos
  16. Steve Turtill

Spectators:

1. Kesler
  2. Canary Wundaboy

On winter wheels and tyres at moment, will swap onto my primacies for this, was looking at them today, and they don't have too much left, might be the death of them! So may be shopping for new tyres afterward, Not sure whether to replace them like for like or go to Conti Sport Contact 5s

58 minutes ago, popkid said:

On winter wheels and tyres at moment, will swap onto my primacies for this, was looking at them today, and they don't have too much left, might be the death of them! So may be shopping for new tyres afterward, Not sure whether to replace them like for like or go to Conti Sport Contact 5s

I would see if get the trackday bug (if you haven't already). Conti sport 5's do not last long on track! I lost about 4-5mm in a day last year. It was a very warm day which did not help.

Good road tyre though. 

17 hours ago, popkid said:

I asked the guy at javelin whether to stay on my winters or put the primacies back on. he said, if it's wet, stay on the winters otherwise go with the primacies as you will get a lot of heat into them at speed.  hopefully it's dry, I've got 5mm left on the primacies so it's an opportunity to wear them sufficiently to need better rubber on for the summer ;)