Squadrone Rosso

Japanese reliability?

Evening all.

Not the greatest of starts to Toyota ownership.

Car is stranded with brake & slip system issues. Basically, a load of warning lights!

Mrs out in in, stuck by the road side awaiting Toyota assistance.

It's done less than 423 miles in 16 days so hardly impressive.

Another myth busted then. Years of FIAT & Alfa ownership had seen the AA very few times. Toyota has them out already.

When will the rust that allegedly plagues Italian cars affect the 86 then :(

She just reversed out of a space. If this was an Alfa, I'd say battery or brake / clutch pedal switch issue.

Hardly confidence inspiring on such a new car.

Good job I insisted Toyota provided a manual too.

What happened? Any symptoms before it died?

Money on the AVCS (VVT) system fault. I don't recognise that code though.

Brake and TCS lights tend to show up with most CELBto show that ABS & TCS are disabled, it doesn't mean there's a fault with them.

Sorry to hear this but it's a first that I've heard of such a problem and to be fair, doesn't matter which car company it is, there will always be problems, wouldn't instantly tarnish Japanese cars altogether though.

It's just ironic. After years of Italian cars with their supposed reliability issues, we get this on a brand new & allegedly bullet proof Toyota.

Given all the issues with buying the thing, not terribly impressed thus far :(

It's just ironic. After years of Italian cars with their supposed reliability issues, we get this on a brand new & allegedly bullet proof Toyota.

Given all the issues with buying the thing, not terribly impressed thus far :(

Just pot luck. My Abarth 500 was lunching it's gearbox after 10000 miles... But then my 6 year old Citroen has done 70k miles and needed precisely nothing but diesel and the occasional oil change. And we all know French cars are crap... ;-)

In some ways the downsides of buying new is that you have to sort the warranty niggles... Hope you get it sorted quickly.

Please could you post images/videos of the issue and I'll have a look.

I usually deal with issues to do with the ZR engine in avensis and auris but always try and help a GT86'r when I can and point them I. The right direction...

The only indication were warning lights staying on. Brake system fault + ABS + skid control light all stayed on.

Wife read the manual which clearly says do not drive.

The AA attended, read the code as 546b, didn't have it listed, phoned Toyota tech support who didn't know it either.

Fault cleared on its own so driven home but advised to get it booked in :(

I've had all of those lights on due to a quick alignment (was going back in two days) and its due to the steering angle sensor being out of sync...

Shouldn't be an issue with a new car though which is odd.

Get it to your dealer tomorrow/today and if they don't know I'll make the trip to have a look.

I believe Kev's issue is due to the face that the front wheels don't move while the rears are continously spinning, this makes the car think there's something wrong with the traction control or something hence why the errors appear but like Kev mentioned, after a short drive it realises there's nothing wrong and goes off. I'm assuming the OP didn't do the same thing but if it was the same issue l, maybe it was a glitch of some sort.