Squadrone Rosso

Japanese reliability?

Even if expensive .. shouldn't car still have warranty and replace happening at no cost to you?

It will be covered, the dealer however will want approval from Toyota HQ to ensure they get paid for the work. 

Squadrone Rosso, I hope this all gets sorted and becomes a distant memory.

If it helps, I have a ABS module off a 150 mile 2014 GT86 you're welcome to borrow.

My biggest worry is getting the garage to replace mine if it works?? As Rob has already said, they should just change it, must be cheaper than them having to replace your car in the long run?

Tell me, when this happens do you lose power steering or revs??

Edited by Nigelr32

Nothing untoward at all. First time was reversing off her Dad's drive, second time was pulling on to our drive.

The Auris diesel estate is actually nice.

Got us the 180 miles to Heathrow in comfort, 54mpg & didn't break down....lol

Of course you won't get Auris like economy in 86 .. but i more then justify to myself extra spendings on fuel vs saving money in more practical, comfortable, cheaper, roomier, reasonable, safer, sensible .. but less fun FWD hatch. I got back feeling of fun in driving just for driving's sake instead of transporting from A to B - that's enough for me :). I find myself sometimes going for another drive in night or sometimes choosing longer roads. So please don't let that unlucky ABS pump / service shop experience to get you down. Rather i wish when that issue is finally fixed from that point on for you to have as much impractical/unreasonable fun with this car as i have. :)

Hi from the U.S. Of A.

Emailed the garage for an update. Toyota still not approved the part so they've ordered it anyway.

Trouble is, it's on back order until the 24th so even if it arrives then, they only have a few days to fix it & test it, not the best part of two weeks we were hoping for.

They've escalated the parts supply issues with Toyota but guess what? No reply to calls or emails.

If dealers get treated like this, what hope do punters have :(

In the meantime, enjoying the Camaro SS. Driving through Death Valley to Vegas later today :)

50bc22fd82f16871807ecabecf1bad4f.jpg

From all american muscle cars looks-wise i like Camaro most. What i wouldn't like in it (to a bit lesser extent in mustang or charger too) though - that's one HEAVY porker. Yes, compensated with very powerful engine, but nevertheless, 1.7t (maybe more for convertible) is a bit too much in my book for coupe. Or 4-door saloon. It's 4x4 SUV territory :)

Quick question. Could the steering calibration be out of kilter or the steering sensor be faulty, thus throwing the ABS / slip sensor error as a red herring?

One of of my friends is adamant that this is the issue, not the ABS pump module but the dealer is having none of it.

Quick question. Could the steering calibration be out of kilter or the steering sensor be faulty, thus throwing the ABS / slip sensor error as a red herring?

One of of my friends is adamant that this is the issue, not the ABS pump module but the dealer is having none of it.

Could be, I vaguely reading an issue last year with one where the steering was off but was driving straight and it thought you was sliding

I've had all of those lights on due to a quick alignment (was going back in two days) and its due to the steering angle sensor being out of sync...

Shouldn't be an issue with a new car though which is odd.

Get it to your dealer tomorrow/today and if they don't know I'll make the trip to have a look.

I actually offered that as a suggestion on the first page of this thread... ;)

Update from the garage, ABS part is further delayed until the 25th but delivery & fitment will happen on that day. No extensive testing then!

The Mrs has asked Toyota Financial Services for a significant discount on the first months £511 PCP discount.

Seen loads over here, Scion FRS TRDs in the main.

488d439042c3b76d769b7751cc8d0a93.jpg

Not making the situation better for my wife as really missing hers :(

ABS pump arrived early & has been fitted. Not even interested in looking at the steering calibration issue.

Undergoing testing. Make or break (no pun) time then.

Well if it turns out to be the steering calibration, at least you can say I told you so...

Car is back. Now ABS pump etc fitted.

8dfdf5adbf771ade072f16cdb78e1af9.jpg

The dealer gave my wife nice flowers & a card and Toyota financial services refunded 50% of the first month's PCP.

2c87b69bbb43bfe31bc6dcc4f27c6e05.jpg

376cdbdcc9f7d6687a9a181ccae88740.jpg

My wife just wants to trust it but has asked me to use it this week.

Fingers crossed. Please now be reliable, trustworthy & deliver the joy we know this car can bring.