I had the shifter springs installed today. Pleased with the result the shift feels tight and precise. I used to sometimes get the gear 'catch' 2nd to 3rd but now thats gone. Its one of those pleasingly cheap modifications that give you bang for your buck.

I also went out for a ride in the demo turbo car most impressed with the delivery of the power very linear. If my insurance company would allow me and I'm sure me and Mike would have been discussing and install date :) ....

Another turbo down there had a lovely hand stitched suede lining for their steering wheel which looked really nice.

27 minutes ago, alucardo said:

I also went out for a ride in the demo turbo car most impressed with the delivery of the power very linear. If my insurance company would allow me and I'm sure me and Mike would have been discussing and install date :) ....

Another turbo down there had a lovely hand stitched suede lining for their steering wheel which looked really nice.

You got to see my car with the turbo before I even did lol.

Thanks for the compliment on the steering wheel, I love it too, if you want any information, I put some in my build thread I believe, but would be happy to reply to any questions you had if necessary.

36 minutes ago, S18 RSG said:

As per pm, tomorrow morning :) just in time to head to the Tuned meet

Was it UEL turbo kit? I wanna hear the sound! I'm going UEL when I visit Mike in a few weeks time.

1 hour ago, Dessss said:

Was it UEL turbo kit? I wanna hear the sound! I'm going UEL when I visit Mike in a few weeks time.

Yeah it's UEL. Mike has a video of the sound, surprised he hasn't uploaded it yet tbh.

6 hours ago, Deacon said:

I'm interested in the clutch spring too. Is it similar to the mod I've seen removing the stock spring for better feel?

It's sort of inbetween the standard feel and having the spring completely removed. I didn't like it with no spring in there, the MTEC one is just right! - I really struggled fitting mine though, very fiddly I found!

58 minutes ago, Varelco said:

Was going to order one of the gear knobs today but £95 for a piece of Delrin, ouch :(

They're not a cheap piece of kit that's for certain, however the quality is excellent and having fitted one to our car, I do prefer it to drive :) 

Thanks

Mike

26266251_403732680067451_5921837067330912256_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY5MTM2ODcxNjQ5MDM1Nzc0NA==.2

26187005_1615965361817618_1313410246181388288_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTY5NTE5MzMzOTM1OTE5MTA0Mg==.2

Our forged FA20 is ready for install and running in / testing.

More details to follow in due course  

Mike
Looking like a lovely piece of machining there Mike, I work in manufacturing for a well known UK aerospace company so these things interest me. What exactly where the forged components you added?

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk