smudge

Headlight adjustment for lowered cars

34 minutes ago, smudge said:

Money for this but not for an overpipe eh? ;)

Ouch smudge. :(

Had to put all my exhaust plans on hold until later next year as the suspension stuff is costing more than thought (can't even afford the Rotas I fancied).

If you still haven't sold it in 6 months I'll take it off you. :) 

I've been thinking my lights seem shorter now majority of my driving is in the dark this time of year, haven't really noticed it before. Will have to get an order in shortly, totally forgot about these tbh so glad the thread popped back up!

13 minutes ago, Gringosteve said:

Is there a way to make them physically brighter. We also have a new CRV and the lights on that are sooo much better than on the 86

The CRV is somewhat higher on the road, which is probably why it seems brighter. If you got this adjuster to make them point slightly higher it may help? I'm assuming you currently don't have your car lowered though.

They must be pretty powerful. I really rate the lights on this car. The best I've ever had. I was driving a Fiat 500x crossover thing earlier this week and they were like tea lights, shocking.

They must be pretty powerful. I really rate the lights on this car. The best I've ever had. I was driving a Fiat 500x crossover thing earlier this week and they were like tea lights, shocking.

Will try and get a photo to demonstrate, it's like a supernova in each headlight.. Seriously impressive

1 hour ago, Gringosteve said:

Will try and get a photo to demonstrate, it's like a supernova in each headlight.. Seriously impressive

If it's a new CRV I'm pretty sure they use some sort of LED technology with has a higher lumen output than our Xenon's do

I've never had an issue with the brightness of the 86's headlights, actually think they're very good

I had a 2013 and now a 2015 crv and they seem the same to me... Apart from the cornering lights that have been changed to LED on the '15 where they were halogen on the '13 but as you would know they only turn on at lower speeds when turning the wheel. think its the height of the car as said before as both my crv s past and present blind people coming off my drive but my '14 civic didn't..(id imagine its the same hid in all 3). 

On 12/19/2015 at 10:29 AM, Lauren said:

It arrived today: 

12369090_10153113499806467_3479900484585

I'll have it fitted at my 80K service on the 4th Jan. :)

How have you found the head light leveller Lauren?

I also see there is a a Valenti electronic leveller, has anyone used that?

I'm not sure how much adjustment there is left on it as I didn't fit it myself, but I think they can handle quite a drop, it'll be better than nothing at least!

25 minutes ago, knightryder said:

I know nothing of this. Link?

I'll post something up when I get home. I was intrigued also, so asked James @ Amber to send me some details.

Have wiring diagrams and stuff too.

34 minutes ago, DanJ said:

Group buy on the electronic adjuster?! Just had a nose on the Amber website and that looks like just the ticket!

I'm in