smudge

Headlight adjustment for lowered cars

Thanks for the likes guys.

I've ordered some stainless hex bar, ball joints and left and right handed nuts today.

I'll post up my efforts on my build thread when it all arrives.

Here we go peeps.

Left is stock, middle is new link at stock length, right is down to 69 mm, giving you roughly 50mm of lowered car correction.

light%20leveller_1.jpg

If you want to go even lower, you can take a couple of mm from the ends of the male threads, lower still, you could start removing metal from the ball joint threads as well.

That's impressive Nige! Is the one on the right for sale then? ;)

I would like to give Pitman first refusal as he was kind enough to give me a taste of AVO turbo world!! I also don't want to step on any traders toes.

If the Traders are not bothered, I'll make these for whoever wants them, but the centre section will be plated steel.

Sorry Guys,

Rules are rules, and I do not want to be making these and taking sales from our paid up Traders. The Traders who advertise on this forum pay for the privilege and carry massive overheads, which I do not.

I'm sure Adrian will come up with a product of equal or better quality than I have made, for a price far lower than the Cusco item.

In the mean time, I would like Pitman to get in touch, as he can have the spare one for free!! Just PM me your address Dave, it'll be in the post straight away!!

The central nut is actually a part of the threaded link. I have turned the threads onto a length of 10mm hex bar and left the nut portion untouched.

I would like to give Pitman first refusal as he was kind enough to give me a taste of AVO turbo world!! I also don't want to step on any traders toes.

If the Traders are not bothered, I'll make these for whoever wants them, but the centre section will be plated steel.

What a true Gent Nige is  :D .  I took a trip down to deepest Gloucestershire to drool over his car and go faster bits, and look what he gave me happyanim.gif

SAM_0065_zps4491d23d.jpg

Thank you soooo much Nige happy0180.gif

As soon as it gets a bit warmer, I will be jacking up the back of my car, and fitting it.

3 hours ago, rob275 said:

I was thinking to myself the other day I could really do with this. Didn't Jordan get one? Never heard how he got on with it.

I did indeed, only fitted it about 2 months ago :lol:

Well worth it, I can actually see more than 10ft in front of me at night now!

5 minutes ago, Keethos said:

Would it just be a matter of removing the originals, setting the new ones to match length wise, then lengthen them by how much you've lowered the car by?

No, the adjustable bar is much smaller than you think. Probably only 10cm long

In an ideal world, you remove the original on a ramp, replace it with the Cusco one and then adjust the length with the lights shining against a wall or something so you can get the level you want

I just made it as short as possible seeing as I'm fairly low and it's basically perfect. Good vision but not so high it dazzles other drivers