Riceburner

GT86 Jays Red TRD

Absolutely fantastic day. 

Didn't get much sleep last night, after arranging to pick up the car at 10, I some how woke up at 5 wondering how I was going to waste 5 hours when I was only 5 minutes around the corner from RRG. 

Richard then posted the teaser photo saying it was ready! 

Have to say a massive thank you to everyone at RRG from the Reception staff for answering all my phone calls through to Richard and Andy working on the car to get it to perfect condition. The work and dedication into this project has been outstanding. So glad I made the move to get the car to RRG 5 hours away from where I live. 

Richard managed the project perfectly and knew what needed doing / changing to get the car perfect. Making sure it was absolutely 100%, and i'm grateful that he took this care and passion over it as if it was his own rather than rush it to get it back to me etc. I'll be writing a full follow up post of all the fiasco we had with the insurance company and other factors with this project in due time. But I can say if it wasn't without Richard at RRG I probably wouldn't be here writing this post. 

And as for the TRD kit, it's something i've always wanted to do, and whilst it was at RRG I just though, i'll do it now or i'll regret it. 

Knowing the Red TRD is very very Rare / possibly the first genuine customer owned TRD kit?... Not sure. 

The TRD looks so amazing in real life. Pictures always look good but no photo does justice to the real thing! 

On the journey home, which turned into a 8 hour journey, every one on the opposite side of the road whilst waiting in traffic was looking. We stopped at the first petrol station just out side Macclesfield and had people asking what it was and if it was standard. 1 guy in a brand new 64 plate BMW Alpina BiTurbo gave us the thumbs up. 

Couple of plans for it now i've got it back...

1. As Rob says i'm going to either Carbon Fibre the Fog lights with gloss black or at least get them done in gloss black finish. 

2. Lauren, probably look into the TRD fins. Depends how it finishes it off. I do really like the BRZ ones as it goes well with the lines of the cars etc.

3. The Cobra Stickers are turning into 'Tuning Developments TRD' stickers. 

4. It's going to be my sole mission to find a set of TRD SF2 Alloy Wheels like on the US / Launch TRDs. Although looks like the cost is around £2k for wheels and limited.

5. Make the car a little lighter, remove the heavy sub system I had in the boot. And put in the new OEM+ style system i've bought.

6. Get tuition and learn how to drive this car and the utilise all of the power this car gives as standard. (Trust me driving a yaris for 3 months, you realise these cars are quick!)

I'll be at Autumn Classics on Sunday so looking forward to finally taking it to a car show. 

Thanks agin. 

Good move, Jay. I think with the TRD kit, it really must have the aero fins as having the BRZ ones just isn't fitting really now you've got the kit on. 

I think the aero fins on the wings wil finish off the TRD kit and make it look complete if you see what I mean. 

Good shout on getting authentic wheels. Yes, they are expensive but you've got the real TRD bodykit, so the wheels will be the icing on the cake I think. 

Removing the sub out of the boot and saving a few kg is fine, though it will make no difference at all, though I understand those who have installed the OEM sub system are very pleased with it. 

Good idea to focus on driving tuition, all of us have had it, it makes a huge difference. :)

Jay,

Joy!   Joy, ,joy, ,joy.... I am so pleased - no, delighted - for you... you have now joined a select band (of one) who have succumbed to the persuasive charms (and dulcet Macc accents) of RRG.

Body and soul, scene not herd... add a bit of f/i grunt and you'll be there...

Being serious for a moment - neither of us should (or can?)  fault the focus, dedication, professionalism and sheer enthusiasm that Rich, Gary and Andy  show. Every time I've asked the question of Rich he's said "..not right, it's gonna be perfect..".

If ever TGB ask customers whether they would vote for a select band of 'GT86 superdealers' I know where my cross would go ... (mind you, the 'tubby tech' is still chasing after me with a 10lb maul hammer, I'm told....  :huh: )

Okay. So you're going the '..tarts route..' with the bling of TRD bodykits and the like... I will admit, begrudgingly, it looks damn good  but it's form over function and, with the best will in the world, it's a Scottish referendum - I can see no benefit in it..

.... stay with the BRZ side fenders, as they are both discrete and earn immediate respect from the true aficionados.. the chromed GT86 side badge is a septic sore despoiling a clean profile.. 'de-badging' is now not only streetworthy it's mega-cool, look at Harvey Keitel's GT86 feature advert for Direct Line...

Go strut your stuff... you've earned! And in your wilds of East Anglia there's little else to celebrate... celery, beet and barley.. CBB's...)

Spec K

Spec K