will300

Gone too soon

Well this isn't a thread I was ever (for any car) hoping to write. However sometimes life doesn't always go to plan and unfortunately without going into too much detail I had a small accident in the BRZ a couple of weeks ago.  :(

As with most cars these days all they do is crumple, thus the car was declared a write off about a week after the accident. Its been a hard few weeks for me which is why I've not been around, trying to concentrate on other things. 

I then had the choice of what to do for another car, do I get another BRZ/86 or consider a completely different car. Lets just say the choice was a hard one, initially I found an identical BRZ which I put a deposit down on. However after thinking about it for a couple of days and concluding that the car I really want is a Nissan GTR R35, I cancelled the deposit on the BRZ. Now before you assume I've bought a GTR unfortunately I'm not flush with cash and have decided to buy something abit cheaper which enables me to pay some debts of. Thus I can then start saving for a GTR or a house when the time comes.

Now for the new car there was 2 choices either a Ford Fiesta Zetec S with a 1L Ecoboost engine (the cheaper option) or the Fiesta ST (the more performance option). After a test drive in the Ecoboost I was seriously impressed, how can an engine manufacturer get a 1L to feel that powerful is impressive (fyi its got a massive 125hp). Then this morning I had a test drive in a Fiesta ST, the car is nice and pulls quite well and it reminded me how much I miss a turbo powered car. Anyway it was a nice car but the wrong colour for me, so I had a quick hunt on AutoTrader and found a black one up in Yorkshire with the added Mountune kit (a warranty approved power upgrade). After a quick look around the car and checking it had everything I wanted I asked for a test drive, I could tell almost instantly that the car felt even better than the standard one with more grunt. This just sold it to me and I decided it was the right choice to make. 

So I put a deposit down on the ST and will be picking it up on Friday.

Now what your all most interested in some pictures.

The BRZ:

dmg_front.jpg

dmg_front1.jpg

dmg_side.jpg

dmg_rear.jpg

The new beast:

st1.jpg

st2.jpg

st3.jpg

On a slightly lighter note I have a few car bits I don't need anymore, if anyone is interested let me know and we can work on a price:

4x Completely new Dunlop Sport Maxx 18" (235/40/18) Tyres.

1x Alpine INE-W925R Radio

Also I doubt I'll go to JAE now so does anyone want my JAE pass?

This isn't me saying good bye, but I've still not fully taken it in yet.

Will

p.s. Spec K - I owe you a Sprint.

Wow, well I wasn't expecting that! Gutted for you mate, how did that happen?

It's a shame you've opted to not go for another one, but the ST is still a great car and lots of fun to be had in it.

At least i'm hoping you're in one piece, which is the main thing.

Damn Will :(

Looks a bit of a shunt so, as Rob says, hopefully you're in one piece.

Fiesta ST was what I was looking at but the geek in me couldn't live with the head unit display size but other than that it looked a cracking car for the price it is and if you've gone for a higher performance one, it'll be good fun!

Blimey, Will, I didn't see that coming. 

I'm gutted for you and a bit gutted too that we'll be seeing you less. Hard as it is for me to say, I think if you have to have a GTR then that's how it's got to be and I know The ST with the Mountune kit has rave reviews. 

I just think it's a shame as you never got the opportunity to get the car to where you wanted to (those bloody wheels!) and now you never will. 

I think you should come to JAE anyway and just leave the ST outside. It would be good to see you. 

Totally totally gutted for you mate! Absolute shame they write these cars of so easily. Mine was initially written off too, until I fought for it and got it to RRG! 

I know exactly how I felt when I had my accident! Total heart ache and absolute distraught! Really feel for you!  

I think you definitely need to save for a GTR! It's always been my car i'd have, but for me its the costs of running them!  :(

Onwards and upwards! Stay around though and do come along to some events! 

Blimey! I thought it was just me with the shitty luck!

Glad your OK and I hope the ST goes some way in filling the gap till you achieve your longer term goal.

Will be a shame not to see you at JAE so do give it some thought.

Best of luck mate.

Sorry to hear this Will, main thing is your ok, as Jay says they do seem to want to write these cars off easily.

Hope you enjoy the new motor looks very nice in black

Don't be a stranger bring it along to one of our meets :)

I'll still come along to some events (if I'm honest this is one of the best car clubs I've been in - yes its only the second one but still) and I'm still planning on coming to Rob's BBQ.

As for JAE I'll see how I feel, initial I was going to book the time off work early this month but I haven't bothered so I might just pop along for the Saturday. Part of the reason I was considering selling the ticket, and I can just get a day pass.

Sorry to here that , the GTR's are awesome , running them is getting cheaper but still not as cheap as a BRZ/GT86.

I am interested in the tyres thou. What sort of money are you wanting for them?

thanks

Mark: Ideally as close to £400 but I might be asking too much so £350 as they are brand new.

Will...... shocked, totally shocked... are you sure a ditch didn't jump out at you..?

Bloody repairers, with one notable exception they don't know a  salvageable Toyobaru  from a pigs arse... they are so averse because they've got no knowledge of repairing them and they're sh*t scared you'll bash 'em afterwards for shoddy work...

Woohoo...!  a GTR hmm? That's a hairy lump of metal, mistah...  What after that? - a Radical like Chris (TSS)?

This is a great shame - you were definitely getting your confidence back and well into the hang of things (top student at CAT, right?). If you disappear off the GT86 org scene I shall come back and haunt you!!  and if you  don't turn up at JAE I shall nick the hub caps off your  Fard Farcus ST...

Spec K

Noooooooooo Will!!!  I could have sworn you were going to get the BRZ with the WRC decals on.....can't bloody find the pic but here's kind of what I mean:

2645658-image2-600x398.jpg

Again, glad you and Paul are alright mate and I'm sure you'll have fun in the ST....it's no BRZ/86 but I'll let you off cos I do like them Fiesta ST's!  And even the GTR, I'm sure once you get one, it won't be long before you yearn for a BRZ/86 again......still reckon you should have brought a cheaper 2nd one and spent the rest of the money beasting the car up!  And like others have said, do come on down to JAE!!!

So sorry to hear this Will, I hope you wasn't hurt.  My heart just sank reading this and seeing the pictures of your car :'-(

Keep up the goal for your GTR, as I want to have a go in it ;-)  Nice little Fiesta though :-)  I echo what has already been said, please still come to JAE, a few of us aren't going to be there until the Saturday also.  Glad you will be down for the BBQ, we'll nag you to death about JAE then as well!

(((((hug)))))

Really gutted for you mate, only saw it the once but what an amazing colour!  i second faith on the test drive in the GTR, deffo one for the future.

See you around though :)