Keethos

TSS Round 1 - 27th April 2014 - Blyton Park

Looks awesome fun this, going to have to have at least one entry in this year, kept meaning to do it in the GT4 but never got round to it, sure I'll manage it with the '86 :) will make me want a supercharger though :mellow:

I'm sure you're right Rob - we could both have gone faster. I could not get over my mental hangup at the Wriggler, braking way too early..

Still, it's Woodbridge next... far more technical/bumpy and a real acceleration course... loads of room so you could try TRC off there... but you're gonna have to fight for that class win, fellah...!

Excellent piccy... Alec, I was merely trying the short cut to the Paddock.. by the way, even though they 'voided' the run I did pass the finish (albeit sideways) and clocked a 1-22.04

Jamie - looking at the n/a times you don't need a s/c... there are some very, very quick (a.k.a. ballsy) drivers about... I s'pose it helps to have reflexes like a rattlesnake and not having to stop mid lap to have a pee... :blink:

Spec K

Jamie - looking at the n/a times you don't need a s/c... there are some very, very quick (a.k.a. ballsy) drivers about... I s'pose it helps to have reflexes like a rattlesnake and not having to stop mid lap to have a pee... :blink:

Spec K

Oh that''s what Ian done on his 2 minute run...  :lol:  Though in Ian's defence I almost went a few times when i looked and it was green.

Keith, don't worry after the CAT Training day I will be coming for you! The Turbo/SC war must continue.

Awesome pics and bloody hell Keith, is your car raging vegetarian or something?  Chompin on grass and yellow flowers like there was no tomorrow  :lol:

I still can't believe Dave donated an actual set of Tein Coilovers to the fastest SC or TC between Ian and Rob....unbelievable...what a legend! 

No chance pal!

I've started going to the gym... fitness is everything...

... well, it is to those idjits who stretch muscles. I go because the bar's open 'til midnight!

Spec K

It was indeed a great day, however to say I was disappointed with my times is somewhat of an understatement!

over the years I have obviously got very used to my stripped out mr2, with roll cage, coilovers, roll bars, semi slick tyres and massive hp. relying on the grip in the corners and the HP to pick up again after. driving a slower car with this style just doesn't work!!

I really just didn't gel with the 86 on the first few runs, until I thought balls to it and switched TC off completely - what a difference.  The car wasn't continually trying to adjust everything before, yet with it offt it felt more planted, and I felt in control so started to push a little harder.

I was also breaking way too early for every corner, but not building up much confidence in how well it would stop.

Not sure if the 86 will be at the next sprint or not, but either way I need a track day in it as I cant leave it there!!!

Great day out though and really enjoyed it!

TSSround1003.jpg

Is it just me that is confused by the classes? I thought...

N1 Completely standard car -

N2For normally aspirated street cars with full interior and using a road tyre from msa list 1a

Modifications are allowed - See sections S & G

N3For normally aspirated Pro cars stripped interior and using a tyre from msa list 1b

Modifications allowed - See sections P & G

Cheers

Neil

News just in. Apparently Stan has now realised his tyres weren't on the MSA 1A list, so he was not eligible for N2 class. 

This means that I got a message from Adrian (and Stan) to say I am now the class winner and Stan, bless him is going to give me his trophy at the next round. 

Apparently Alec may well be the contender for the runner up trophy, though he'll need to contact Adrian to tell him he was in the wrong class as otherwise Neil gets it! 

LOL, bet he's gutted, congrats Lauren and potentially Alec if he's willing to step up a class :P

That is truly impressive stuff Lauren, especially with the stock tyres.

Thanks for the comments Keith, had a good day overall and was well pleased with 2nd in class, just need to be a bit smoother and I should manage to stay pointing the right way over the finish line lol

Taking car to get a quote on Friday to see how much it will cost to be put right, looking forward to woodbridge now :)

Was great to meet everyone there had a great laugh with a great bunch of people.