Keethos

TSS Round 1 - 27th April 2014 - Blyton Park

Be Afraid VERY afraid Keith

Har! Is that a competitive challenge I smell in the air..?

Can an iddy-biddy Celica GT take on the oberwhelming GT86 supremacy...?... the world waits with baited breath... well, some of it does...

Spec K

Har! Is that a competitive challenge I smell in the air..?

Can an iddy-biddy Celica GT take on the oberwhelming GT86 supremacy...?... the world waits with baited breath... well, some of it does...

Spec K

I for one will be rooting for the Dark Destroyer - nothing like supporting the underdog!

True...

... but Rich makes a vaild point. It's not just car it's driving ability as well.

And he does have one significant advantage...

Spec K

Yeah, he's the sponsor  :lol: no fiddling the system with bribes!

Hmmmm, just had a thought.  The exhaust on the TRD is loud!  Just booked into JP in the morning to have it sound tested! Fingers crossed it wont need any work as I do like it!

I went to Blyton Last year with my brand new Cobra Non-Res. Was very loud. From what I remember my Cobra system wasn't far off The JP Richard had on the white TRD! So you should be fine.

They have a decibel meter there so should be able to test accurately.

Anything border line I will get it sorted as track limits will only ever come down, and this should be least of my worries!

JP built the complete system on my MR2 sprint car and that rarely comes above 92db!

LOL, fighting talk...I love it!

Neil, you should be fine mate, I've heard your exhaust and I'm sure it's not as loud as Jay's.....but if it's not too much trouble to get it tested before hand then go for it, but I'm sure you'll be fine.

Just got back from JP, exhaust was only in the 80s under load, however jumped to 99 on the over run "rasp".

Should be fine for Blyton (limit 102), but maybe an issue on drive by on the stricter circuits.  Will probably get it done at some point as not an issue I ever want to have.

Either way, all good for Sunday!

My gloves are yet to be posted... concerned is an understatement. At this rate i'll be rocking the yellow marigolds...

I really don't get why gloves are a requirement when fireproof overals are not.

I've got gloves but I'd rather not wear them.

I really don't get why gloves are a requirement when fireproof overals are not.

I've got gloves but I'd rather not wear them.

I agree, it doesn't really make sense..Although it doesn't say they need to be FIA Approved or anything so technically a pair of woolly mitts are fine :P just rang Demon Tweeks, their website was having a mare saying they were in stock when they weren't different pair being sent out today!

I'm staying there rich, I'll probably get there early afternoon to settle in and acclimatise to the continent. Being southern I rarely venture this far north, the atmospherics could hinder my sprinting ability.

I'm booked in here (about 4 miles from you)

http://www.holcombeguesthouse.co.uk/

got a single room for £25 as laterooms had it at that price http://www.laterooms.com/en/p1301/pv080602aDVCc/hotel-reservations/221524_holcombe-guest-house-barnetby.aspx

they have rooms without an en-suite at £15 !

Anyone planning on joining up for the run across ?

Alec

It's 170-odd miles for me... I'm aiming to get to the Premier Inn at some time between 4.00 - 5.00pm.

Had a fright today... thought I'd booked at the Premier Inn, Scarborough by mistake...

Spec K