Keethos

TSS Round 1 - 27th April 2014 - Blyton Park

So the first round of the Toyota Sprint Series is due within a couple of weeks and after an awesome pre-season Test day at Barkston Heath, I'm expecting another good turnout from our members to dominate the GT86 Sprint Series, weather it's in the completely stock class, the modified class or the mega FI modified class!!!

Blyton Park is based over in Kirton Road, Gainsborough, Blyton DN21 3PE (Link) and it's a great track with new tarmac that is both accessible to newbies yet a technical challenge to even the more experienced track goers.  The track is still friendly enough to those who've never been before, there's plenty of run off and very little to hit (sorry Keith but you were just really unlucky).  Last year, a large group of us attended Blyton Park as our first ever Toyota Sprint and even first ever trackday at Blyton, yet we all still got stuck in and had a great laugh!  Compared to track days, it's cheaper in the sense that you use less petrol, less wear on your tyres and brakes, yes you spend less time on track compared to a normal track day but you're typically paying less for the day compared to normal track days.  Plus it's technically safer as you don't have to worry about any other drivers, it's just you, the car, the track and time, so you don't have to go all out if you didn't want to!

So get involved people!  Sunday 27th April!  Calendar Post Here to RSVP!

For more details or to book, check out the official Toyota Sprint Series website HERE

Any questions, please don't hesitate to ask!

Keith are we staying in that Travel Inn at Scunthorpe again? 

I know it's crap and the food is crap, but if that's where everybody is staying I'll book it. 

Keith are we staying in that Travel Inn at Scunthorpe again? 

I know it's crap and the food is crap, but if that's where everybody is staying I'll book it. 

Where you referring to me or Special K Lauren?  I stayed at the Black Horse Inn which was right around the corner from the track and was pretty nice, but might stay with others and convoy there.

I shall be doing the Premier Inn again... it's a bit of a journey to the circuit but it gets the tyres nice and warm..!!

(... new rims and tyres go on this afternoon.. :) :))

Spec K

Okay will book that, then. Is that the same place we stayed at before? Am sure it was a travel lodge which was crap. Crap food too.

Okay will go for Premier Inn.

This one:

Address: Lakeside Retail Park, Lakeside Parkway, Scunthorpe, Humberside DN16 3UA

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=premier+inn+scunthorpe

Okay booked the Premier Inn.

Also, tried to book the sprint, but it only comes up as the 26th April despite being listed as the 27th. So unable to book at the moment. :(

Well this is awkward and a bit of a downer, I've been pushing this and just when I'm about to book this, turns out that that Sunday will be the day my brother celebrates the birth of his first child and we've got to go to Birmingham China Town for a big Chinese meal with family and friends.  It's some silly tradition of whenever you have a first born, a month after they are born you are to have a big celebration where the baby get's showered in bling....I'm talking gold chains, rings, bracelets.....he's guna be pimp!  So because of this, I'm afraid I'm out  :(

But I'm hoping that those who do go get plenty of pics, vids and I want a detailed write-up please of the mega intense battles that will inevitably take place  :D

Well this is awkward and a bit of a downer, I've been pushing this and just when I'm about to book this, turns out that that Sunday will be the day my brother celebrates the birth of his first child and we've got to go to Birmingham China Town for a big Chinese meal with family and friends.  It's some silly tradition of whenever you have a first born, a month after they are born you are to have a big celebration where the baby get's showered in bling....I'm talking gold chains, rings, bracelets.....he's guna be pimp!  So because of this, I'm afraid I'm out  :(

But I'm hoping that those who do go get plenty of pics, vids and I want a detailed write-up please of the mega intense battles that will inevitably take place  :D

How inconsiderate of him!, Have a good time :)

Okay booked the Premier Inn.

Also, tried to book the sprint, but it only comes up as the 26th April despite being listed as the 27th. So unable to book at the moment. :(

Yep - it also comes up as the original 'Classes' - so I've booked in Class F and made a note on the booking that I'm in Class F2 (n/a is Class F1, of course...). I'm sure Adrian/Colin will sort it...

Keethos... that's a real bummer! I was putting an each way bet on you getting into the top three n/a... yeah, so it was only the price of a tonic but it shows my faith in you... and it was the price of a Schweppes tonic, none of this rubbish stuff...

Have a good baby blow-out, buddy... we'll warm the track up for you for the re-visit...

Spec K

I've just looked at the entry list for Blyton - 12 GT86's   :) :) :) .... and there's more to come....

I'm not sure I'm in the right class, overall or in the GT86 Cup (against Adrian?? Ouch! :wacko: ) but we'll see what transpires...

Spec K

I've just looked at the entry list for Blyton - 12 GT86's   :) :) :) .... and there's more to come....

I'm not sure I'm in the right class, overall or in the GT86 Cup (against Adrian?? Ouch! :wacko: ) but we'll see what transpires...

Spec K

Adrian is aware we are all in the wrong classes and it will be fixed by him :)

I've driven the dark destroyer! 

Don't you DARE leave it like that...!!!

... and why is Lauren sworn to secrecy? Did you stuff it into a hedge - wet your pants - get a speeding ticket?

Spec K