Keethos

TSS Round 1 - 27th April 2014 - Blyton Park

Update - Rob and I are planning to meet up at M25/M11 junction (Harlow) at about 12.30pm today.

Stopping at Newark-upon-Trent to fill up with V-Power - be aware, there are not a lot of Shell garages around Scunthorpe.

It's worth checking on the Shell 'garage locater' website, if you're particular.

Spec K

First time I've been on for a while so I've missed all this! (moving house)

What's even more annoying is that I didn't know Blyton Park is just 35 miles away from where I live but hopefully I'll catch the next meet in July...

Colin

First time I've been on for a while so I've missed all this! (moving house)

What's even more annoying is that I didn't know Blyton Park is just 35 miles away from where I live but hopefully I'll catch the next meet in July...

Colin

Colin you can come and spectate tomorrow!

Didn't take many but here are a few pics

074.jpg

078.jpg

080.jpg

081.jpg

082.jpg

083.jpg

084-1.jpg

085.jpg

086.jpg

087-1.jpg

Safely mid-table amongst the street GT86's

TSSround1003.jpg

Ohh and as you can see Rob beat Ian in the Forced Induction challenge to win a set of Tein coilovers donated by Pitman (Star Man Dave :) )

What a fantastic weekend, absolutely loved it. Thanks to all that made it a weekend to remember. 

Good times! :)

Yep... I agree, Lauren, a good weekend and a fitting start to this year's Sprint Series.

Fantastic to see Riceburner (from the lead sponsors, RRG) and his merry men having a really good 'go' in a 20+year old £500 Toyo ... prepared with late nights and loving care... what a great bunch of people to get pissed with and breathe on with the 'petrolhead bug'.. Rich is definitely infected, har!

I'm sure Pitman will pick up this thread in heathenlands tomorrow... oops, sorry, spellchecker rewrote 'Netherlands', mebbe it knows something I don't... blurry horsemeat-eaters... anyway  -

Dave - your 'award' was the subject of a speech by Lauren at the trophy presentation, with all 50-odd present. She gave an excellent, off-the-cuff presentation and Rob275 received it graciously to high applause... but he didn't hang his prize around his neck, as every other winner had done.... Ian was urging him on... :)    (Ian had an offday today. It happens, mate.. you need some tracktime and confidence-boosting..)

Adrian gave us a lunchtime classroom session to recommend better technique into/through corners - I was slower all afternoon, thanks Adrian! (I am joking - the 'freebies' we get from Adrian is a huge boost to me - and probably all those competing the 86/BRZ Drivers Club - stuff you cannot learn..) He was awesome in the new GT86R, took top honours with a 69 second lap in a car that looks the dogs danglies.. looks good, goes good.

The old adage - "put a good driver in a bad car, he'll make it work. Put a bad driver in a good car, he'll go nowhere" - is now coming home to roost. Despite huge boosted increases in grunt at my back wheels I cannot stay with the top drivers in n/a cars - people like Stan, Lauren and Paul. And we are not talking a couple of hundredths of a second (as separated Rob and myself today) - we are talking FIVE SECONDS!!

I can make the most plausible excuses in the world but I must recognise that I (personally) suffer from high 'A's - 'age', 'aspirations' and 'alcohol consumption' . And low 'A's  in 'ability' and 'reflexes', as shown by whacking the Blyton barrier today, fortunately without damage.

('A'  in 'reflexes'? = arsehole..!).

However, I do enjoy the spirit of 'bonhomie' which we as a TSS/ enthusiast group have, and is so much in evidence. An example? - where else would you find an 'Alec',  whose personal commitment to catering for us chosen Toyobaru few exceeds the supplies to the NAAFI in Afghanistan, at every meet he goes to.. I'm sure he has a 'food Tardis' in his boot... a real star.. thanks pal..

Commiserations to Damien, who tried to demolish the timing board and took home a few bodywork scars. Never nice but in your case you got home in your wheels (once we'd sorted your immobiliser problem out). First time in a TSS, did well at Barkston Heath pre-test and tried a tad more over the finish line than was prudent. Err, like me...  but he took 2nd in his class as a complete novice... respect..

Ooops - 10.30pm and I'm knackered. Does it for me - Nursie is insisting I put on the white pyjamas with the buckles at the back..

:rolleyes:

Spec K

Arrrrh....I'm soooo gutted I couldn't make this.....I had a good day full of food but you all seem to have had a good day full of fun, action, drama and fighting spirits!!!  And bloody hell Adrian, not only does your car look bloomin epic with those wide arches, you've obliterated the competition.  I wish I could have seen your car in action.  I would have also loved to have seen the battles between Rob & Ian as well as Lauren and Stan, and bloody hell Rob, only 2 hundredths of a second behind Keith, good effort!  And lastly, why is Alec within N3 class?  His car's not completely stock!!!   :D

My cars total mods,

• K&N panel air filter in standard air box,
  • EBC Yellow stuff Pads on the front
  • knackered Primacy's,
  • bonnet struts,
  • Grimmspeed oil filler cap,
  • and the ultimate performance mod, red painted brake calipers

Does this really put me in the same class as cars with :

• active suspension system
  • big wheels/sticky tyres
  • exhaust and intake mods
  • remaps

I'm not registered in the championship anyway, makes more sense to group mine in with the others running standard and I couldn't be arsed to put the stock paper filter back in

Call it a bit of help ( 5 bhp? ) to make up for the extra 6 stone I'm carrying compared to the rest of you racing snakes :D

Seriously though maybe stock should exclude consumable items (except tyres as they make a massive difference), ie

• air filters (in std air box),
  • disk pads in std calipers (and rotors ?)
  • oil and oil filters

as people are often going to change these from Toyota OEM items

Alec

Just wanted to say a huge thanks to Dave (Pitman) for putting up the prize for the little competition between Rob & myself it was good fun, Rob was way faster than me & almost caught Keith !! Just goes to show how good the supercharger is.... Driver of the day for me has got to be Lauren the times she was posting were fantastic, you could hear the tyres squealing on every corner epic !!

IMG_20140426_194349357_HDR.jpg

IMG_2949.jpg

IMG_2961.jpg

IMG_2966.jpg

th_MVI_2955.jpg

th_MVI_2963.jpg

th_BlytonPark.jpg

Well done Rob

IMG_20140427_170300910_HDR.jpg

Brilliant day out, and thanks to Dave to putting the prize up. They look shiny and green, it's a shame I won't have them on for BHP but hopefully for the CAT Day. Unfortunately I couldn't do Keith, which is a shame, I was so close but I ended up pushing myself too much beyond my ability and ended up with even slower times..

I think I could of beaten you Keith if I had turned my TRC off, I was easily losing 1-2 seconds because of it i'm just not comfortable enough with the car & s/c to be turning that off as it could have disastrous consequences. I will get that Class winner trophy next time!

Alec, I don't mind at all if you went in the standard class. The problem is it is incredibly strict, so those who have completely stock cars will always complain if someone else is perceived to have any advantage whatsoever. That's motorsport!

I must say I'm still buzzing from yesterday! :)