Lauren

TEIN Flex with EDFC Active-Pro

Okay, news just in, I'm going to have the TEIN Flex coilovers installed next week with the TEIN EDFC Active Pro system at RRG Macc' next week. 

Then it's off to Fensport on Thursday to meet up with Yukiko from TEIN for all the setup and programming of the system to my requirements. 

I'm going to be running a 5kg front and 6kg rear spring rate. This is a little interesting as I will be the third to have this system fitted and the others, (Keith and Dave) will be running 6kg front and rear. The 5kg springs for the front have just arrived in via air freight from Japan, so all this will be shipped to RRG Macc for fitting on Monday-Tuesday. All supplied via Fensport. :)

I am just a little excited and it means that I can get it all sorted before the first round of the TSS which I admit, I still need to get booked! :)

Here's a demo vid:

Nice one. Keep us posted as i'm sooo confused as to what coilovers to get right now....

Sounds exactly like me a couple of weeks ago :). No going back now, though, I am dropping my car off at Fensport on Saturday for them (together with a full poly bush set) to be fitted next week while I am in the Netherlands on business.

Steve, once I get my car back next week Friday, if you want to meet me half way, you are more than welcome to take my car for a test drive

Dave

Hmmm..... Yukiko had better not divulge confidential data, Lauren... <grin>

5kg springs.... might work to your advantage with the stiffer polybushes.... be very interesting to get your feedback..

Spec K

Might be worth asking GT86ers in Japan, Rob.... or Oz...

Somebody mentioned to me that the 'normal' Tein coilovers worked well on the MR2 . I think it was a chap who does the TSS, met him at Fensport..

Spec K

Might be worth asking GT86ers in Japan, Rob.... or Oz...

Somebody mentioned to me that the 'normal' Tein coilovers worked well on the MR2 . I think it was a chap who does the TSS, met him at Fensport..

Spec K

I don't have any Japanese friends! But I essentially want it without the EDFC for now incase you guys have teething issues with it :P

Dropping my car off tomorrow morning at Fensport for my fitment.  I am also getting the full poly bush makeover (as per Steveoexige's suggestions), and the S-Wade roll centre adjuster kit  :D.  A few other goodies as well!

There I was, really excited only for a show off to come along and go one better! ;)

How low are you going to go, Dave? I thought you needed to get your backside off the floor. ;)

I'm hoping for not more than a 25mm drop which doesn't really come into RCA territory. Though, the Whiteline ones are much shorter than the S Wade ones, but for me I don't think it's worth it. 

I am having it raised - looking for about 1" extra ground clearance at the back. The great thing about the coil overs is that it can be fine tuned.

No forged engine yet, Will.

I'm looking to visit Chatteris next week, if Fensport Dave has half a day to spare.

Now my new wheels/tyres are fitted I want a full wheel/suspension alignment before Blyton - yes, my new bank card arrived and I've paid my entry fee...

And I'm also thinking of lowering it further - the new profile tyres (245 x 40 x 17 instead of 225 x 45 x 17) make the arch clearance bigger...

I hope to have a beer with LFA Ed next week... interesting developments.... I'll pass on your regards...

Spec K

Supercool! I think i'm going to these without the EDFC for now to see what I think in the next few months and may get the EDFC later. Unsure if i would like the Active setup or something static?