faith

Fensport GT86 Open Day - 15th March 2014

Big thank you to the guys at Fensport for putting on this open day.

And again thanks to Keith for fitting my fender garnishes and Riceburner for sorting out my alarm.

Loved the smoked indicators on Subota Boys car and agree they are needed on mine B)

My photos can be seen here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152663408612646.1073741860.821767645&type=1&l=accd63f057

Yeah so much for that 8:30 breakfast... 

Short video testing out my Nikon 1's video capabilities, ignore the shit editing, was trying to make it a bit more exciting to watch... haha

Looks a good meet.

Rob, your charger coolant needs a top up ;)

It's been low since I got it haha, not unnoticed, shame you didn't make it, the turnout was big, and I could of done with another charger about I felt intimidated by all the turbo there!

Was a great day, and as faith says, thanks go to the Fensport guys for hosting it.

Thanks also go to Dave (and Rich for driving) for letting me experience his car!

Only thing to go wrong was my phone restarting just as we lost sight of Lauren / Rich on the way home leaving me directionless and going the wrong way :D

Huge thanks to everyone for coming yesterday it was great to see you all and what fantastic cars!!! Think there were 24 in total?

Was a good crack at night too .... loved the speech spec K :)

I didn't set the alarm either so brekky was a lonely affair at gone 10 :)

We'll have to do it all again later in the year :)

Thanks again

Adrian

Only thing to go wrong was my phone restarting just as we lost sight of Lauren / Rich on the way home leaving me directionless and going the wrong way :D

I did wonder what happened to you! I stopped at Corley and everyone zoomed past me, but to be fair I had to make two loo stops on the way back, a two hour breakfast means you can drink quite a bit of coffee! 

A huge thanks to Adrian and the team, for organising a great event. Really enjoyed myself, also great to catch up with everyone. :)

Endorsed, Lauren. A really good day eyeballing mods...  and meeting notable newbies! Fatrab's missus... oh, and Fatrab's missus... did I mention Fat's...?   ;)

Err, who was the adopted colonial  with the funny accent..? Goddamit, I swear he sounds just like the Natal  Ranger from the film "Rourke's Drift" ... 50-year old film, waz he the voice-over..?  

Sorry I've been offline... no, not a techy-nurdy problem (1), just trying to recover from the humoungous hangover that Faith inflicted on me by forcibly forcing  (eh?) red wine down my throat.... wicked, wicked lady... luv ya!

Notwithstanding Adrian's comment on the 'speech' I regret my baritone was not in full tune - I do apologise for the crass, bawdy and sexually explicit rendition of Julie Andrew's classic.. it is not  recommended at Ladies Festivals, Old Boy Reunions or in the company of those with a weaker disposition.. like someone called Pitman, who took me to task.... in midst of his harangue I fell asleep... zzz

(I will PM copies to anyone with nerve enough to repeat it...  not as 'best man' I implore....)

You've all posted great photos - doesn't the HKS install look like a spaghetti breakfast? - Maz assured everyone that the 'new' plumbing will be super tidy... (but it won't live with the turbo boys, bwahahaha....).

Ian - are you the 'Senna' of this group? Immaculate..

Me? Great company at Fensport on the day - you show this old fogey that there is hope for this mortal aged flesh...

Yukiko Koito from Tein (UK) Ltd attended for the main purpose of 'tuning' my protoype suspension system and showing me/others the  'Tein Active Pro' system.  I am not a (1) above and I don't read manuals, as the constant changinf of reading glasses gives me a headache.  Yukiko  fiddled with various knobs (cough!) and was a reluctant passenger when I took her out to test it. But she survived, honore intacta.... traumatised perhaps, but she survived.. and to me the car started to behave and get what I wanted.

Then Adrian got in my car and flogged it (my camera tells ALL!, Adrian.... ).

Ade took a few out to show/trial it and came up with some valuable comments wihch will now be incorporated in street/track systems. Others took it out and had a play... glad to hear from Rab that my new FD is no different in 'street whine' than his prototype but by crikey it makes a diff to acceleration! Thanks for sharing the info, Rab... Riceburner took it out and spotted the 'torque detract' on the auto box... gotta get ECUtek on this problem..

Needless to say  - the SAckbarrow  took on board my expensive innovation and milked it - new rebound shims on his kit before it's fitted on 07 April ... stuck it down on  his 'must do' and I'm guessing he's probably gone for the AVO 'billet' turbo upgrade...  oh dear, wil it never end...

.. why will that guy not leave me alone to develop my car to win the TSS? He's a f*czing pain in the orifice...

Spec K

I would like to add to everyones comments of what a great meeting & great night was had by all.

Many thanks Adrian,Tony & Tim for a superb time. :)

Special thanks to Pitman,Special k & Maz for letting me test drive your cars,it was like an adult play time. :D   

Ps Great song at Night Keith,had me and the missus in stitches,Brilliant entertainment. :D

Lol, great stuff, awesome pics guys, I was too lazy and too busy helping people with my own tools fitting side fenders and reversing cameras to actually take any photos, but I knew you lot would be on the ball!

Can't thank Adrian, Tony, Tim and Dave enough for organising this and for their hospitality, we need to do this again soon! Such an awesome day and a very entertaining evening.....though I fear Adrian's little man might be asking mum and dad some rather awkward questions regard what grandad Keith was singing the other night.....Adrian was loving it so much he forgot to ear muff the poor boy :D

Faith, it was a pleasure being involved in creating such a masterpiece, such a work of art your car....I'll be sure to bring a sharpy to sign your car next time I see it :P

Great to see new faces too as well as the usual lot, always a pleasure.

Mike, I saw you turn off.....I was wondering where you wondering off to and Lauren, I wasn't too sure why you were turning off but I turned off shortly after anyways!

Big thanks to Pitman too as he was generous to let drive his car again.....such an awesome beast....and the power.....wish I had the bloody money :(

don't encourage him rich, the christmas meet was the worst. The entire place singing christmas carols, christ..

This years carols will be even better.... you'll be astonished what Good King Wenceslas got up to with the Vestal Virgins...

Whilst Shepherds drove around the town

all seated in their Jag

the long arm of the law appeared

and said "breathe in this bag"

The breathed and blew - the thing turned red

and sorry was their fate

Next morning they went up before

the local Magistrate

"Now this is such a heinous crime,

you know just what you did!

You're banned from driving for 12 months

and fined two fifty quid"

The Shepherds slunk out from the Court

they uttered not one peep.

The only things they'll drive this year

is when they're driving sheep...

<BANG!  thunk..>

Spec K

Mike, I saw you turn off.....I was wondering where you wondering off to and Lauren, I wasn't too sure why you were turning off but I turned off shortly after anyways!

I was wondering the same thing when I saw you / Will change lanes just before the fork. That little diversion (and the traffic jam around the woodhead pass) made me miss the kick off :(