Congratulations Rob. How is the feeling now? How the car feels like? How about pulling next to the other cars around?

It pulls a lot nicer, i'd definitely recommend some FI. You can pull away from people without dropping a gear!

If you only have 1 cat that should be fine.

You would have thought so, but Mark thinks its slightly down on power due to the cat currently being in the primary cat position. Out of interest what MPG are you getting on semi-spirited drives?

You would have thought so, but Mark thinks its slightly down on power due to the cat currently being in the primary cat position. Out of interest what MPG are you getting on semi-spirited drives?

I wonder where he got that idea. Isn't that the same setup that he has on his car though?

I wonder where he got that idea. Isn't that the same setup that he has on his car though?

He was using your car as an example, you have the same system as me less the 1st cat.

Mark,

How clean is it with no primary and a high flow secondary cat?

Are you monitoring EGT? You mentioned before some concerns about temps for the stock primary cat

I like the look of that torque curve, especially if you get rid of the little dip. It shows why in-gear acceleration is so much better.

Mark,

How clean is it with no primary and a high flow secondary cat?

Are you monitoring EGT? You mentioned before some concerns about temps for the stock primary cat

I like the look of that torque curve, especially if you get rid of the little dip. It shows why in-gear acceleration is so much better.

I have been told it will pass the MOT with just a rear race cat fitted. 

Mark, mine passed the exhaust MOT test, using the Hayward & Scott 200cel high flow cat and de-catted exhaust manifold (I presume that any 200cel hfc will give the same result....).

I had it re-tested after fitting the turbo - same pass result.

Spec K

......ummm.....does it make a difference that we're comparing the MOT tests with an N/A + Turbo'd 86 against a Supercharged 86?  Does it make a difference at all as no one that I know of yet has tested a supercharged GT86 to see if it will pass an MOT emissions test.