TTR

TTR's San Remo BRZ

13 minutes ago, Lauren said:

You will get black flagged at Silverstone if your exhaust is too loud. I've worked at tracks long enough to know they are always strict about such things. 

Yeah I know, you're forgetting I used to work at Silverstone too ;) 

8 minutes ago, rob275 said:

Damn noise limits! Why can't people just move :P 

Having had the misfortune to endure those with exhausts reaching 110dB going past me whilst I've been stuck on the pitlane all day, I'm all for enforcing reasonable noise limits on track. When exhausts are that loud it actually hurts.

26 minutes ago, Lauren said:

Having had the misfortune to endure those with exhausts reaching 110dB going past me whilst I've been stuck on the pitlane all day, I'm all for enforcing reasonable noise limits on track. When exhausts are that loud it actually hurts.

And yet most tracks completely ignore their noise limits in order to have the F1 at their facilities. F1 cars, even after their turbocharging, are still well into the 120's or even 130's. 

I remember the monumental headache I had after a day of F1 at Silverstone many years ago, although I believe that was in around 2008, when the cars were significantly less restricted than they are today.

Well, most circuits have noisy days and let's not forget that F1 cars only race at Silverstone. But your PH day will not be a noisy day. Yep, it does give you a headache. Some circuits like Croft and Goodwood are a bit too restrictive though and that is because of the NIMBY's. 

Best way forward is to ensure you are well within all circuit noise limits, then you don't have to worry. Doing the standard at the track 3/4 rpm test I tend get 90dB. Loud enough, but not too loud. 

20 hours ago, S18 RSG said:

And yet most tracks completely ignore their noise limits in order to have the F1 at their facilities. F1 cars, even after their turbocharging, are still well into the 120's or even 130's. 

I remember the monumental headache I had after a day of F1 at Silverstone many years ago, although I believe that was in around 2008, when the cars were significantly less restricted than they are today.

Some tracks are allowed a certain number of unlimited noise days per year. For instance Donington gets 20 unlimited race days where they can run anything they like regardless of noise.

30 minutes ago, Rich said:

Some tracks are allowed a certain number of unlimited noise days per year. For instance Donington gets 20 unlimited race days where they can run anything they like regardless of noise.

Had the Aston Martin Vulcan owners club (yup that's a thing) at Silverstone in January. 

Visited @Mike@TD.co.uk today to get some bits installed. Also went out in their Turbo 86 (How could I not?). The screamer pipe sounds absolutely fucking demonic, I could not stop giggling! :D

Anyway, I digress ....... The trip to TD ended up with the purchase and fitting of:

MTEC Shifter Springs

Positive Shift mount

Front and Rear subframe bushings

TD Brake package

Car just feels much more connected now! Brakes have some nice feel too them too, trail braking is much improved! I imagine the inserts are having a part to play in this too. But keen to see how everything will play together on track. Also ordered myself an Anarchy Motive Titan gearstick, looking forward to that arriving so I can add some weight to the shift. Long trip, but well worth the results!

@TTR bet the gear shift feels so much more positive now I've got the TRD short shift and positive shift mount and feels tighter through the gears. There's so many mods out there for this car it's awesome glad your enjoying the modified world

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, Gary p said:

@TTR bet the gear shift feels so much more positive now I've got the TRD short shift and positive shift mount and feels tighter through the gears. There's so many mods out there for this car it's awesome glad your enjoying the modified worldemoji106.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly it's mad the difference a few springs and bushings can make!

1 hour ago, TTR said:

Also ordered myself an Anarchy Motive Titan gearstick, looking forward to that arriving so I can add some weight to the shift.

I fitted my Anarchy Motive Titan today. It's awesome, you'll love it! Has made such a positive difference to shift feel.

Got to seriously recommend the TD Brake Upgrade package. Really lasted well on track today. Had a lot of confidence in the brakes! Unlike some of my passengers haha! 

6 hours ago, knightryder said:

If you're going to be doing track driving I'd get all the undertrays back on ;)

Planning to once I can get another one :lol:

15 hours ago, TTR said:

Got to seriously recommend the TD Brake Upgrade package. Really lasted well on track today. Had a lot of confidence in the brakes! Unlike some of my passengers haha! 

After the first lap with you I had confidence but I'm fairly sure I should of brought some spare underwear...

9 hours ago, TTR said:

So yeah brakes held up decently well today, was also very impressed by the PS4 tyres on the rear. 

Here's a video of the only no traffic lap I got in my 2 sessions. Shame I squandered it with shit driving :lol:

Think it was me in this one, the way you handled the car was incredible and the grip you had from the rear tyres was immense. You've definitely given me the track bug ;) 

14 minutes ago, Minion said:

Think it was me in this one, the way you handled the car was incredible and the grip you had from the rear tyres was immense. You've definitely given me the track bug ;) 

Indeed it was you haha. I apologise for the dodgy exit out of Luffield :lol:

But yeah definitely look at some track days (Premium member Blyton Park one offers extremely good value). There's honestly no better feeling you can get from the car when you're properly in the zone!