GarethEvansUK

Parkers running a GT86

Hi all,

Thought I'd let you all know that I'll be publishing regular updates on our six-month period running a GT86 at Parkers.

The first two updates can be found here: http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/reviews/living-with-it/toyota-gt86-12-on-toyota-touch-2-with-go-20-boxer-d-4s-2d/

Hope you don't mind the site getting a mention!

Best,

Gareth

_SCP2256.jpg

That's fine, mentioning the club, more than happy for you to do so. If it's any help, my car still doesn't use any oil between services and it's over 93K miles now. :)

Now it's run in, enjoy! :)

Its swings and roundabouts on internet forums. I used Lauren's method of running in my engine and mine uses oil (not enough to be considered unusual mind you). I don't think there is much right and wrong just personal preference.

Its swings and roundabouts on internet forums. I used Lauren's method of running in my engine and mine uses oil (not enough to be considered unusual mind you). I don't think there is much right and wrong just personal preference.

...and mine was run in as per Toyotas instructions and also uses a bit of oil :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you are enjoying the car, Gareth. It's definitely worth playing with in in track mode (for comparison I always use Sport mode on the road). A tip is to press the traction button to disable the traction control if you need to make a fast getaway when turning right out of a junction. It allows a bit more slip and the power doesn't get cut. 

Obviously the most fun is had when you hold the button down for three seconds and turn off the stability control. Enjoy. :) 

On ‎09‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:24 PM, Lauren said:

Glad you are enjoying the car, Gareth. It's definitely worth playing with in in track mode (for comparison I always use Sport mode on the road). A tip is to press the traction button to disable the traction control if you need to make a fast getaway when turning right out of a junction. It allows a bit more slip and the power doesn't get cut. 

Obviously the most fun is had when you hold the button down for three seconds and turn off the stability control. Enjoy. :) 

Thanks Lauren. I've been doing some experimentation - don't worry about that :D

Interesting to catch up. Particularly enjoyed the Fiesta/GT86 head to head.

It was a toss up between those two when I bought my car - like you the Toyota shaded it, as it's just a bit more 'special' - but the Fiesta is also a cracking drivers car - no doubt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk