surrey86

Javelin trackday - Bedford GT - Friday 2nd December

Just measured how loud my car is. Is it a Typo on the website for the noise limit? 101dB static and 87.5dB drive by? Seems like it'd be the other way round. If so I'm fine for static as my car is around 77-83db on idle, depending on whether it's a cold start or not. But there's no way I'd pass an 87.5dB drive by :lol:

5 minutes ago, TTR said:

Just measured how loud my car is. Is it a Typo on the website for the noise limit? 101dB static and 87.5dB drive by? Seems like it'd be the other way round. If so I'm fine for static as my car is around 77-83db on idle, depending on whether it's a cold start or not. But there's no way I'd pass an 87.5dB drive by :lol:

Static is measured at 3/4 of your rev range 0.5 metres from the exhaust at a 45 degree angle. Drive-by is measured from the side of the track. your car is quiet enough

26 minutes ago, maurice said:

TTR's car is the one with exhaust tips wide enough to stick your foot into, it's not that quiet!

It's not 101dB either though, i'm certain it will be fine despite bedford having an abnormally low limit all the time.

11 hours ago, maurice said:

TTR's car is the one with exhaust tips wide enough to stick your foot into, it's not that quiet!

Hey! You could stick your foot in most of the exhaust systems for the BRZ/86 considering that they're 4.5". Mines only a little bigger at 5" :lol:

Interested in this - would like to learn the car a bit more on a safer track before Donington on the 10th Dec.

Looks like there's only one person booked at the moment, any more going?

Hmmm. As I have to miss the last TSS round at Snet next week (in hospital again, my last spine op went wrong) I might be fit enough to do a Bedford in December. It'll be interesting as I've never driven it . .

Spec K

Its Mazda on track at Brands on the 2nd. Trackdays.co.uk is a reseller.

The Javelin prices will go up as it gets closer. There's two 86's signed up so far.

It's been a real friendly atmosphere at both Javelin days I've done so I'm quite looking forward to it :)

10 minutes ago, rob275 said:

@Ade Waiting to see what the noise levels of the new exhaust are before I book, so next weekend.

Surely you just need to ensure they put big enough silencers on the car. 101dB is still pretty loud!