gazza82

New owner .. well will be in March 2017

Having just placed a deposit I will (hopefully) be the very proud and extremely pleased owner of a BRZ next March (2017!)

SE Lux Auto in WR Mica Blue .. which seem to be the hardest combo to find, especially new or delivery mileage only.

This is to replace my ageing and now SORN'd Alfa 156 which I have owned from new in August 1998 and has just over 210,000 miles on the clock .. yes, 210K!!!  Unfortunately the tin worm has got to the floor and inner wings, so it has got to the point where I need something newer .. and as I haven't had a new car for 18 years, thought I deserved one ..

I have always loved the look of the GT86/BRZ since they were launched and I would see them being test driven past our Coventry office where there was as short dual carriageway along the business park .. I took both an Auto (BRZ) and a manual (GT86) for a test drive in July and just fancy something different as I've never owned an automatic! But with the "flappy paddles" I think I can live without a clutch pedal.

Probably very impractical .. but who cares .. :)

Pics will be added when I get the car ... so how many days is that? Oh 203 ... and counting!!!

1 hour ago, gazza82 said:

Whatever Subaru deliver! But I've spoken to three dealers and none have been told about a facelift ...

If new, it will be the new model as they should start delivery of the new one from the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if they have nearly stopped making the current MY as orders start in September for the new one IIRC.

Welcome. I too had an Alfa 156-from new in 2000 but it got written off in 2012 by a neighbour driving into the side. I bought a new blue BRZ in November last year (quite a damn long wait from ordering in July).

BRZ allocation is small and just missed January batch so it's Feb build date. Might as well wait a couple more weeks and get new reg!

Seems to affect the Blue cars most ... harder to paint, more popular, ??? :)

Welcome to the club and best of luck with the wait....March next year is a while to wait.....if you see a Yellow & Black 86 around Coventry then don't be shy to giving us a flash!

On 09/08/2016 at 3:27 PM, knightryder said:

If new, it will be the new model as they should start delivery of the new one from the end of the year. I wouldn't be surprised if they have nearly stopped making the current MY as orders start in September for the new one IIRC.

Well according to Subaru UK it will be the 2016 spec. All 2017 specs will be destined for US to start as that is their biggest market and only when that allocation is complete will they decide whether or when to fit to UK cars .. TBH I don't really care, chances are the price would go up anyway and this is at the top of my budget (actually need to tell SWMBO its actually a bit over!) ...

182 days and counting!

Happy New Year to all the GT86 and BRZ owners out there ... 

59 days to go now ...  this has been a long, long wait but the car is due in the UK late Jan and then at the dealers around 22nd Feb. Then just the paperwork and a huge bank transfer and it will be mine, hopefully, on 1st March.

I'm allowing myself to get a little bit excited now and perusing the owners manual (download version).

Not too much longer to wait though 50 days seems like a long time to me! But you've managed thus far, so you'll get there. 

How do you feel about getting what is now the old spec, with the new spec now being current? I guess we haven't seen any new spec BRZ's yet, but obviously they're in production. 

On 10/01/2017 at 7:24 PM, Lauren said:

Not too much longer to wait though 50 days seems like a long time to me! But you've managed thus far, so you'll get there. 

How do you feel about getting what is now the old spec, with the new spec now being current? I guess we haven't seen any new spec BRZ's yet, but obviously they're in production. 

Not overly fussed to be honest. I'm not sure I like the steering wheel controls which make the wheel look very cluttered. I'll just be chuffed to get the thing now! :-)  43 days and counting .. (not sure if the "Days Left" phone app was such a good idea!). Once I'm into February I think the time will go a bit quicker. January is the longest month every year!!

PS that Alfa 156 of mine has now gone to a new life 'up north' .. chap who bought it is going to fix the rust and a few other minor things and get it back on the road. It's been sitting in my garage since July 2016, I've trickled charged the battery every few weeks, and it started first time last Thursday when he came to collect it. Apparently went the 300 odd miles from mine to Cumbria without missing a beat!! Shame to see it go but I can't keep collecting cars ..

At least you know it will live on! It's a nice feeling, no doubt after all that time and miles you are sentimental about it. I have a mark 4 golf with 203k miles. It's scabby and a bit worn but I love it.

Oh and I know what the wait is like (just under 6 months for me) it's worth it 😊

Oh great .. nothing wrong

but my car is not only in the UK,it's already at the dealers!!! Which is now going to be absolute bloody torture as I don't want to pick it up until 1st March (17 reg!)

.. knowing it is just 11 miles away is weird and .. Argggghhhhhhh!!!!

I must admit, if it was me, I really wouldn't worry about what reg it had on it! Mind you I got mine on the 1st February. No way, was I going to wait another month! 

Decisions, decisions. ;)