rob275

Grasshopper Social - 30th January

1 minute ago, rob275 said: I don't think that's physically possible do you? 

@faith I'm just putting you down because I know you will turn up...

Well I don't know I'm sure we can come to some arrangement 😉

Just like we can come to an agreement, if you sell me your wheels I'll even buy your coilovers off you too.. clear some of that lovely space you need

Buuuuut not at this meet because I can't bloody make it, I'll be all the way up in the bloomin Yorkshire Dales visiting friends that I didn't get to see over Xmas and New Year.

8 hours ago, Special K said:

Sorry, cannot make this one , I have a function in Harlow to attend.

(And my car will be at Fensport by then . . waiting for its new car cover to arrive. .)

Spec K

Would that be the new breatheable one Mr S ;)

15 hours ago, KevinA said:

Would that be the new breatheable one Mr S ;)

Yes - it's taken some organising due to the rear spoiler.

Not cheap but if it's gonna be sitting up at Fensport for a few weeks I'd prefer it not to fill up with snow . . I've  sold my forged engine and if I compete this year in TSS it will be in a different class.

Spec K

Bump, think i'll make this a monthly or bi-monthly thing as it seems like a relatively central area for essex/kent/surrey/sussex people to get to. 

Unless there is some interest to maybe chop and change between the Grasshopper and Halfway house. Though I must admit the food was rather poor at the halfway house... @Special K what was the name of that other pub we went to? (You turned up in the fensport yaris) I always forget the name of it. Food was good there, perhaps we can chop and change between them?

Rob, any chance you'd be willing to stretch slightly further west on the odd occasion?

I'll more than likely be along to this one, but a 5 hour round trip is a bit of a trek for a meal lol.

I'm sure there would be some more interest from people over my way if it was more like a 3-4 hour round trip every now and again.

lol, if there is interest sure. But it could well be worth just arranging a monthly social around that area as well at this meet. I don't expect anyone to travel 5 hours. Most people coming to this have an hour journey tops. Looking at the member map (which is relatively empty at the moment) something just off the M4 seems reasonable.

EDIT: You was doing this anyway? :D

@rob275 Are you thinking of The Lion Inn in Boreham? Not bad there, I believe we went there for that meet we had when your car was being painted also. It's also only 10 minutes from mine haha :)

Yeah, I was already looking into it, and will continue to go ahead with it, just figured I'd ask.

When I asked about meets closer to my location, a few people from down your way seemed interested, so with that in mind, just made sense to combine the two.

I for one would be up for more frequent meets, maybe we could try attend some other ones too with other cars/clubs & represent? :D Especially seein as I think ive only met a handful of people from both owners and drivers clubs at the amber performance day, and saw rob on the m25 that one time xD

Edited by Camilz
accidently posted :P