rob275

Bedford trackday 29th Feb

Also avoid riverfield drive if you're lowered - speed bump central! (Most likely to take you this way if you have come off the bypass. If you carry on to barkers lane and go down there instead you'll avoid them).

What an awesome day :D was nice to see some of the new faces (and just faces I just haven't seen because i'm down south), I haven't quite put faces & names to cars properly though, or names to faces come to that but I think we all had fun, I was fairly knackered by the end of it and cold.

No major incidents which is nice, I am lead to believe there is photographic evidence of me spinning around in circles. I'm yet to bribe said photographer to not post it up :lol:

Think I'll still be grinning in the morning.

Bedford is a great track if like me you've not tracked your car before.

Big thanks to Mark from Abbey for diagnosing and then fixing the inlet hose that popped off my car towards the end of the day. I'd still be there scratching my head otherwise.

I'll post up a description of the fault symptoms and how to fix it in case it happens to anyone else.

I'm rubbish with names at the best of times so I'm struggling to match all the faces and names as well.

Looking forward to Japfest now and putting some more pieces of the names and cars jigsaw together!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yep that was me!

I was experimenting with using more of the flat kerb on the right whilst braking. There was much less grip on the kerb than I expected which led to me running out of road (or talent more like) and said grass tracking incident you witnessed!

It was that hop across the grass that popped the inlet hose off.

Were you in the ginger that was behind me before I went off then?

Yup that was me. I'd run a bit wide on that turn myself earlier so was being pretty careful with it. I thought you'd got away with nothing more that a bit of mud on the car.

Glad to see from the last few posts that most had a more successful day than me. I only managed one session on track before a split exhaust manifold ended my track time.   A massive thank you to Mark from Abbey for spending his time dismantling the exhaust and then patching it up so that I could drive it home.  In the end I decided to take it straight to Oxted (where Abbey are based).

It was great to see so many of our cars out on track and to meet a few more people from the forums.

Now, whilst the car is at the workshop, perhaps it's time to upgrade the suspension ....

28 minutes ago, steve_p said:

Glad to see from the last few posts that most had a more successful day than me. I only managed one session on track before a split exhaust manifold ended my track time.   A massive thank you to Mark from Abbey for spending his time dismantling the exhaust and then patching it up so that I could drive it home.  In the end I decided to take it straight to Oxted (where Abbey are based).

It was great to see so many of our cars out on track and to meet a few more people from the forums.

Now, whilst the car is at the workshop, perhaps it's time to upgrade the suspension ....

I'd like to thank everyone who gave me a ride during the course of the day, I had a great time even without taking my own car out on track. I feel much more comfortable with the idea of going out on track myself next time but will definitely be booking some tuition (and trackday insurance!).

Special thanks to Rich and Keith for ferrying me to and from the car park multiple times as I would have been stranded without you! Special thanks also to Mark@Abbey for the drinks and doughnuts in the garage!

Yup that was me. I'd run a bit wide on that turn myself earlier so was being pretty careful with it. I thought you'd got away with nothing more that a bit of mud on the car.

I thought so too until I got back to the pits and it refused to idle without stalling.

An amazing couple of days, a nice country sprint down to the hotel, a nice meal and natters with a fair few of us, surprisingly didn't sleep all that much which I usually don't have a problem with, might be because of a combination of excitement and sleeping with a complete stranger (not strangers anymore though :D). The track was pretty good, lots of fast and very tight turns off high speed straights....so much so that I managed to loosen a port that leads into the driver side brake caliper smoke was pouring out and liquid leaking out, luckily Mark saw the weeping port and tightened it for me (thanks Mark) so hopefully it was just that cos it made a bit of a mess having brake fluid being span/flung around. Wouldn't want that giving up when doing 128mph on the back straight (which is the fastest I've been in my 86 to date). Felt like I was pushing the car pretty hard and did manage to over take a couple of cars but at the same time, I did let quite a few cars past but that's just so I know I'm not holding anyone up and I enjoy the chase.

It was great seeing so many 86's/BRZ's out there, always good to see the same faces and some new ones too. Hope that we can all get together again and do more trackdays together.

This has got to of been the best track day ever & it was dry :) Great to catch up with everyone again & meet some new faces, Also fun to be a passenger in my own car with

Faith driving, well I think it was driving she doesn't use the clutch at all :wacko: but faith does like the brakes

View My Video

Nice to meet you all, was my first track day and I loved it, nice circuit and perfect weather. I was really impressed with how my stock car felt on track, really stable and forgiving, I was taking it relatively easy so as to give myself a bit of margin if I misjudged a corner (margin I needed on a couple of occasions) but I didn't spin or find the grass at any point, so that is good :)

12 hours ago, steve_p said:

Yeah this was a real shame, handy that Mark was there really! At least the issue was found and it's a relatively simple fix!

1 hour ago, Galaxian said:

yes, it was a great day - didnt get to meet everyone  @CanaryWundaboy I looked for your Norwich city top but didn't see it which perhaps explains why I didn't see you? ;)

We met, I was the guy in the GT86 black cap.

I had my Norwich shirt on underneath my hoodie but it was so bloomin' cold I stayed covered up!

On 2/29/2016 at 8:28 PM, rob275 said:

What an awesome day :D was nice to see some of the new faces (and just faces I just haven't seen because i'm down south), I haven't quite put faces & names to cars properly though, or names to faces come to that but I think we all had fun, I was fairly knackered by the end of it and cold.

No major incidents which is nice, I am lead to believe there is photographic evidence of me spinning around in circles. I'm yet to bribe said photographer to not post it up :lol:

Hahaha I'll spare your blushes don't worry. It was great meeting everyone - although I didn't have much time to chat as this track involved a lot of walking around! Blagged some great vantage points and took a few photos:

25332533631_dc1ef1318b_c.jpgIMG_2754 by Andy Liu, on Flickr

25399342326_a0e75d75f4_c.jpgIMG_2773 by Andy Liu, on Flickr

25057899459_da82e2e5c9_c.jpgIMG_2797 by Andy Liu, on Flickr

25425456145_d633de0cba_c.jpgIMG_2813 by Andy Liu, on Flickr

25399279736_6c87023302_c.jpgIMG_2848 by Andy Liu, on Flickr

25306906592_d2423818e3_c.jpgIMG_3030 by Andy Liu, on Flickr

24798512913_3774e47041_c.jpgIMG_3054 by Andy Liu, on Flickr

25057563499_95afbd4944_c.jpgIMG_3227 by Andy Liu, on Flickr

- The full album of photos that made the cut can be found here

- My album collection can be found here

If anyone wanted their photo please let me know and I'll do my best to get them to you :)