Sign in to follow this  
pwrout

Brand New forged Advan GTs with Yokohama Tyres

Selling brand new Advan GTs with brand new Yokohama tyres. 18 X 9.5 +40 5x100. The Ultimate track wheels, Forged, very strong and very light. Advan designed them for track work with the R35 GTR. 

£2300 (basically getting tyres and shipping from Japan/customs for free) for quick sale collected from
Nottingham. Wheels have just had Yokohama V105s fitted and have never been on a car. They are brand new, you can have the boxes if you want them.

12118633_10153663025234592_3089922988293

Edited by pwrout

17s are generally lighter than 18s overall (yes there will be exceptions) also a lot of people daily drive their gt86/brz's so running 17s is more daily friendly than a low profile 18 having said that if I had the money I would definitely consider these

GLWTS

it still doesn't change the fact that 18s seem more common in Japan/US. I drive my car with 18s on 225s with dropped stiff coilovers. Feels fine. The Advans would be perfect for daily or track. The strength and weight is ideal + 18s look much better on the 86 imo. Yeah I'll have to look up the weights but i'm pretty sure they weight around 18lbs each.

I thought Riceburners Aero on 18' OZs - if anything - drove better than the stock 17s.

Wouldn't fancy 19s though...

I totally disagree, I thought 18's felt worse, heavier steering compared to the OEM 17's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess it depends on what @Nicebiscuit's definition of better is. It would in theory be softer with less road noise. But the 17's would offer better feedback. You could argue the 18's are better suited for the road than track. 

These are 18 simply because 17's won't fit on a GTR? (I assume)

I guess it depends on what @Nicebiscuit's definition of better is. It would in theory be softer with less road noise. But the 17's would offer better feedback. You could argue the 18's are better suited for the road than track.

17's certainly wouldn't fit over my brakes...

huh? These are 18s because thats what I wanted, I would have got 17s if i wanted 17s. 18s are what I saw most track cars running in Japan. Especially FI. I wanted one of the highest regarded track wheels Japan has to offer. Volk were too common so I went for the GTs. The wheel tyre combo is a great track combo.

Edited by pwrout

You're missing my point, you said Advan made these for the GTR. So here is me assuming these don't actually come in a 17"? I could be wrong.

They were designed with the GTR in mind(as it needed a wheel to cope with the performance). They aren't specifically only for the GTR. They came out in big 19/20 only then were so hyped they made an 18. They are a very popular choice on many cars in Japan, quite a few GT86s run them. Its a loved forged light track wheel like the volk TE37.

It just rode better I think - but I believe those 18's are actually lighter than the stock 17s so it would, wouldn't it?

Lightweight 17s would probably be better again... Less unsprung weight is always good isn't it?

Interesting point about why people go for 17s on track. I know next to NOTHING about the subject but recall BTCC cars running fairly large diameter rims?

It just rode better I think - but I believe those 18's are actually lighter than the stock 17s so it would, wouldn't it?

Lightweight 17s would probably be better again... Less unsprung weight is always good isn't it?

Interesting point about why people go for 17s on track. I know next to NOTHING about the subject but recall BTCC cars running fairly large diameter rims?

I mean the TRD griffon runs the exact same size wheels as these. So do most high end track cars you'd see at Tsukuba. Anyway this is probably for a different thread. Either way these are insanely good wheels. Those into real high end Japanese parts i'm sure know whats up + the price is a bargain.

Edited by pwrout