Quickclicknick

Hello and greetings from Essex - I'm the owner from new of a black BRZ

Hello All,

Last November I succumbed to a second (or maybe third) mid life crisis, the quest to try and remind myself on a daily basis what it was like driving the Sylva kitcar that I built at the start of the 90's.

This is the first new car I have ever bought, having had company cars and then a string of nearly new Alfas under my belt. I have had bikes too, my most bonkers bike being a Y2K Aprilia RSV Mille (I wonder where that is now).

...and so the BRZ has around 6000 miles on it now, running it in over a wet weekend in Wales was a revelation. My outgoing Alfa GT 3.2 never handled like that!

Now I am thinking about some small tweaks....maybe. So far i have just ditched the noise pipe thing and put a Mishimoto hose between the throttle body and the filter. The kit car has a shiny Momo gear knob and so I just had to get something like it for the BRZ. A Richbrook Classic Ball is close enough.

I changed the oils myself at 1000 miles - Motul 8100 Eco-lite 0W-20 for the engine and Redline MTL for the gearbox. (This has been a great mod and instantly made the shift MUCH sweeter).

That's it for now, I just wanted to say hello and that I may well be tapping you lot for info...

Cheers

Nick   

Hi Nick,

Seems the Essex bunch is growing. Definitely time for a social between Japfest2 and JAE I think! I'm willing to venture to your dodgy County if I must.

Welcome to the club anyhow :)

Thanks for all the welcomes!

I don't have any firm plans for mods but here are a few ideas that attract me and mostly centre around making it an even better road car and shedding some unsprung weight: Tein Flex A and 17" Enkei RPF1 with Michelin Pilot super sport 215/45 R17 and maybe HKS Spec L exhaust.

Biggest suprise of ownership is that the fuel economy is much better than I expected (compared with my old 3.2ltr V6 Alfa!). Biggest annoyance is the dip in power from 3.5K ~ 4.5k....love to be able to fix that!

Another Alfa deserter....lol

My wife's Alfa V6 GT went to its new owner last week. She currently has a Black 86 Aero on loan while Toyota get their act together with hers.

Hopefully, this is the week.

Shame the 86 doesn't sound like the Alfa but other than that, I doubt we'll miss it.

I used to have a 2 litre 156 and the consumption was somehow worse than my 3 litre 325i! (best I managed on 156 was about 39, managed 41 on the BMW). Interested to see what I can get out of the BRZ, will be disappointed if I can't beat the BMW.

I managed to get about 365 miles out of about 45 litres which works out rough about 36mpg (I think). And this was 80% motorway driving at sensible speeds, it's the furthest I've ever got out of a tank I think. I usually only get about 280 miles.

You'll only better 41 realistically if you drive under 70mph on the motorway. 

I've averaged 37.6mpg in 2500 miles of driving round the Alps and back over the last two weeks.