Rab

Amber Open Day, Exhaust Meet and Karting!

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Amber Performance would like to invite GT86 & BRZ owners from all over the UK (and beyond!) to their recently refurbished premises in Dunstable on Saturday 3rd October!

James and I have decided to work together to make this a rather special day which will include:

• Convoys form various ends of the country
  • Initial meet and greet at Amber Performance
  • Dyno sessions for those wishing to partake
  • The Exhaust Meet (see below!)
  • Visit to the White Lion for those who like their pub grub
  • Convoy to Milton Keynes
  • Go-Karting at the Daytona Circuit MK
  • Overnight stay for those travelling long distances or who just want to stay over and have a few beer amongst like minded company!!

As many of you will know, James' premises were, unfortunately, badly damaged in a fire last October, and as such have undergone extensive rebuild and refurbishment works, which is now entering its final stages. Once James has a confirmed date for the installation of his new dyno, we will set a date in stone and confirm all bookings (Go Karting, hotels etc) but in the meantime please let us know which dates are not suitable due to your other motoring commitments (TSS etc).

We envisage a realistic timescale of around the end of September/start of October to allow the installation and testing of the dyno.

Now, the thanks for this bright idea do not lie solely with James and myself!! Far from it in fact! Our good friend and fellow 86er Kat - Growlerkat to those of you on unfamiliar terms with this lovely young lady - deserves all the credit for this one! Had it not been for Kat's wanton desire to check out everyones rear end (your exhausts smiley9.gif) this may never have been suggested as a combined meet!

So thanks Kat for planting the seed on this one! Thanks also to Steeps for suggesting Daytona!

I'm sure James will have loads more info on this over the coming weeks and I'll start enquiring about the karting etc.

Please get behind this one and support James and Amber!

Cheers!!

Rab

Provisionally, I was thinking 3rd October but wanted to wait on your calendar commitments before I said anything!!

If everyone interested could do the usual list but also please add what set up/exhaust you have and if you will be karting, I'll need numbers as soon as a date is confirmed.

Cheers!

Makes more sense to set a date first otherwise half the people wont be able to make it rendering the list pointless. Look at the club calendar, if it doesn't clash, we can add it to a date.

Makes more sense to set a date first otherwise half the people wont be able to make it rendering the list pointless. Look at the club calendar, if it doesn't clash, we can add it to a date.

3rd October

here's the list from the other site, already a great entry so far, potentially might be having a Ferrari 360 coming

1. Tareim - JDL Catted UEL, Berk HFC, cheap ebay cbe (q300 clone?)
2. Kesler - Stock engine, HKS Filter, Direnza cat-back exhaust with silencer
3. Steeps - Cosworth Stage 1.1 (cat-back) (KARTING)
4. Growlerkat - stock
5. Markinstoke - tomie UEL, cobra HFC, Miltek full res Takeda intake.
6. Tommy_Mag - stock HKSfilter (KARTING)
7. Smudge - Borla UEL manifold, Cobra overpipe, Berk HFC, custom straight through mid pipe into Invidia Q300 back box (KARTING)
8. Jonboy93 - stock
9. fatrab - Focus ST (KARTING)
10. GT86Owner - Stock exhaust
11. Tommy's Dad - Robbie - Focus RS - (KARTING)
12. MattyH - 370Z? - (KARTING)
13. Kodename47 - ??? (Karting)

14. spanytom - Cobra resonated 2nd cat delete, K&N filter - (KARTING)

THE DATE IS NOT CONFIRMED YET!!!

James will let us know when he has a date fror the Dyno installation, so until then 3rd Oct is only an estimate.

Cheers

Ok, so 3rd October looks like the most popular date, and should be doable from our side with how the hub dyno is coming along.  There hopefully will also be a selection or "experts" on hand to talk about some of the products available. 

Deffo Go-karting, great track in the dry, and quite challenging in the wet smiley2.gif

My exhaust at present is Cosworth Stage 1.1

It will be great to keep it mainly '86 / BRZ, but as word gets around there is going to be a bunch of various other marques that will make an appearance i'm sure !

cheers
James 

Up for this. Might try and get my exhaust done in time as I haven't seen anyone else who's got what I want so will be another unique one (I think)  :)

50mph or 75mph Dmax Karts, choice of either 40 min endurance or traditional GP style race, private booking of track, £58/£79 +vat pp.

Who's with me??? :D

"Hi Robert,

Thank you so much for your interest - we'd be delighted to welcome you to Daytona Milton Keynes.

Please find attached a document with the race formats we discussed, along with a few ideas to make your event truly memorable.

I’ve listed the prices in both our 390cc 4 stroke SODI karts and also our thoroughbred DMAX 2 stroke race karts – please note that we will allow 30 SODI karts on track simultaneously, and for DMAX, the cap is 20 karts simultaneously. If your numbers exceed 20 but you’d like to use the DMAX karts then we have a GP Heats race format to allow this.

If you'd like to secure an event in our diary, a 50% deposit is required along with a signed Booking Form. The balance of fees is due no later than 10 days prior to the event date. Please note that once made, all bookings are non-refundable and non-transferrable.

I’ll give you a call next week and hope to hear that the feedback from the other club members is positive!

Thanks again for considering Daytona Milton Keynes."

The price quoted originally was for the SODI karts, the DMAX karts are:

Daytona 40

10 minute practice / Qualifying –40 minute race

£79.17

Daytona Challenge

5 minute practice -2 x 10 minute heats –15 minute final

£83.33

PLUS VAT!!

Ouch that's very expensive!

I know buckmore Park, whilton mill and rye house are all cheaper than that and they are graded for European competition!

Are there any others near you guys?

Buckmore uses the SODI karts which are the cheaper price originally quoted at Daytona, but at £88 for a 10min/45min session, compared to Daytona at £70 for a 10min/40min session. The price hike is to use the DMAX ones.