300 mile round trip, so I could quite easily drive up, stay in a hotel, eat, take a courtesy car to Alton Towers and still have change for a drink when I get home, compared to taking it to my local dealer. All my locals are the same useless franchise :(

Diff oil is part of the standard second service, issue I had dealer tried to make out it wasn't included in my 3 year service plan, page 22 of our service & warranty book has it listed to be replaced every 20,000 miles or 2 years.

Just to add to the discussion

The gear box oil is not changed on the GT86 until 5 years or 60,000 miles. Auto trans

There is no Schedule to change the gearbox oil on the manual just check level every 4 years or 40,000 miles. 

Just had my dealer on the phone to me.

Gearbox oil is inspection only, no need to change.

Brake fluid is inspection only, will charge if it needs changing.

LSD oil is "oil for life" and doesn't need changing.

This is apparently on his service sheet that he's had from Toyota, which is not what the manual states, expecting a call back later once he's found a manual. To be honest I'm happy the gearbox doesn't need changing as I'm finally happy with it and don't want to risk it getting notchy again. They still want to charge 39+55 (revised price for oil) on top for the other parts though.

Grrrrr. The least you should be able to expect when paying top dollar for franchised servicing is that they fully understand the car and its service schedule. I've had that before too with other brands, where I feel they should end up paying me for doing their homework for them...

Good job I live in Macclesfield isn't it?

I'm not kidding that's exactly how it was said over the phone. Still asked if I wanted to book the car in even though they couldn't confirm what they would actually be doing to the car, the whole reason I had a free service voucher anyway was because they screwed up not knowing what they were doing last time. I hate to think how many customers are being let down which is why I keep going back to them and giving feedback to TGB, but nothing is getting through.

Bracknell said nothing was included in the £299 price

Watford said only the brake fluid was included but would check and charge me for the others.

Now it gets good;

Maidenhead say gearbox oil is included but brake fluid and diff oil, even though it says it should be done, are up to me to do and would charge me for it...

Thoughts?  :lol:  :huh:

Reading have said nothing is included also (maybe the leaderships don't need the work  :lol: ) but explained if i wanted to change all three oils would be £10 per litre and and that i needed 5.5 litres in total for all three. Brake fluid is apparently an advisory so if you wish to change it, they charge for it. 

In terms of the wording used on their website "Replace front and rear differential oils (model dependant)*", they said that means if the car has LSD and then if it does to charge for it, even though it says to replace it. Bit of a joke if you ask me. 

Only really confirms what we already know, unless a dealer has a passion for the product and the community it serves, the paperwork Toyota provides can be interpreted in any way they feel they can to maximise revenue from a "fixed price service".

I'll call a few dealers later/tomorrow to get more quotes, as usual TGB/my local have not got back to me with what's included and why there's such a wide range of opinions on servicing this car found so far already.

The way I done my 40k service was go into the dealer, buy the fluids and take them to Fensport. 

Still worked out far far cheaper than Toyota quoted to do the work! And could have sourced the fluids cheaper if I could be bothered. But the Diff Oil isn't too expensive to be fair.

Hmm. I know "Cheap Toyota Parts" on here have no resurfaced as something else like genuine service parts and they have packages worth checking out

I'll call a few dealers later/tomorrow to get more quotes, as usual TGB/my local have not got back to me with what's included and why there's such a wide range of opinions on servicing this car found so far already.

Think this is bad, try working out how to get an Abarth serviced...

Lol, why's that Mr Biscuit, my lil sister has just brought an Abarth 595 competizione, was very suprised to see the service interval was every 12 months or 6000 miles!

Lol, why's that Mr Biscuit, my lil sister has just brought an Abarth 595 competizione, was very suprised to see the service interval was every 12 months or 6000 miles!

Same problem... A number of slightly half hearted dealers who can't be bothered to read up the proper requirements. Yet at the same time want to charge eye watering 'Abarth' service charges, for what is basically a Fiat Punto engine in a Fiat 500 shell...

Like with this car there are good 'uns though. We used Bauer Millett in Manchester in the end...

Hope it works out for her. Very characterful car, but my gearbox was crunchy at 12k miles, oh and it wanted to kill me...

Lancaster Toyota Cambridge - WILL NOT REPLACE brake fluid or Rear Diff oil unless the customer ASKS for them to be changed, and will stamp the book to say a full service has been carried out regardless of the work being done, additional charge for those items but will not tell you about it until they have the car on their ramps. Customer advisor was not aware of the charges until she looked them up in her system.

Steven Eagell Toyota - Not aware of what parts need servicing, didn't believe the Diff oil needed changing at all, but were happy to replace the gearbox oil instead. Brake fluid doesn't need looking at at all. - Will stamp service book even if work is not carried out.

The last one I called was Letchworth for servicing but to be honest I'd boycott the lot. Milton Keynes tried to sell car mats at £60 on top of the price of the car, adamant that mats were not included. Bedford took 4 attempts to replace the head unit (faulty), couldn't adjust the gearbox/clutch making it worse and eventually had to swap out the gearbox with another as it was so bad, Toyota GB apologised for the issues by offering my two next services for free but I'm struggling to find a local dealer who will actually take the voucher and service the car to specification without charging an extra £94 on top of the fixed price service.