Subota Boy

New shiny stuff !!!!!

DSC00174_zpstm939u8g.jpg

DSC00180_zpsixntwk59.jpg

DSC00182_zpss6oezbzj.jpg

DSC00183_zpsrhzgu9dz.jpg

You can see that Julia is happy with the noise levels (outside anyway!)

And then a remap - not shiny, but beautiful in a different way!!

Very happy chap (me) left Fensport, that's for sure!!   smiley17.gifsmiley17.gifsmiley17.gif

Happy to share the experience with anyone interested!!

Remember to give the gas pedal a couple of full pumps as you'll have a bit of a dead zone to begin with. Enjoy!

I think with the latest ecutek this isn't so much of a problem. 

I havn't felt it for the last few remaps. But worth doing anyway! And just to do them in 2nd gear to enjoy them :)

From my notes from here and there, after ECU reset to lessen dead pedal:

Tun car to accessory power (to power on ECU). Slowly press the accelerator 5 times fully to the floor & depress (for ECU to register 100% pedal movement). Turn on engine.

Not sure about accessory bit, if not, one can turn on w/o pressed clutch. Some fuel trim learning might still be in place though.

Remember to give the gas pedal a couple of full pumps as you'll have a bit of a dead zone to begin with. Enjoy!

Thanks for the tip Keith.  Don't recall Adrian mentioning this.  Not found a dead zone that I can feel?

I think with the latest ecutek this isn't so much of a problem. 

I havn't felt it for the last few remaps. But worth doing anyway! And just to do them in 2nd gear to enjoy them :)

Well, any excuse I guess, Jay!

Thanks for the tip Keith. Don't recall Adrian mentioning this. Not found a dead zone that I can feel?

No worries, to be fair, he didn't mention it to me either. I think it was Jay and Steve who told me to pump the pedal to resolve it. I don't recall it being mega obvious but I started to stall the car when setting off and realised the dead zone. But hopefully it has been fixed on the Ecutek side.

It's not an ECUtek thing, it happens on any ECU reset/flash. The ECU has to learn the limits of the sensors, like the pedal and throttle plate. Unless you're driving away immediately after a reset/flash then I doubt you'd notice.

When did you get this done fella? As I was only there yesterday getting my work done :)

The manifold looks awesome in the flesh, you must have been so chuffed on the drive home!

Ahh so literally only a day apart!

Glad you had a load of fun on the way home though Keith, have you played around with any of the features yet like launch control and flat foot shifting??

Certainly I am a very happy camper ☺️

No James, not yet.  Today had me stood in a layby on dual carriageway.  Julia then floored it  out of the layby so I could listen to the noise.  IT WAS QUITE NOISY.

She went up to the roundabout and came back down the other side so I could hear what 70mph sounded like. :D  I was very pleased with what I heard - not noisy at all, but purposeful, with a lovely "nee-ow" as she went off down the road.  I enjoyed the "ne-ow" that the UEL gives you on videos I have heard, but was not expecting it to be as pronounced as it was, from the EL.  Yours must sound awesome in that regard.

Done the pedal press in accessory mode, and feel like it made a slight difference.  Bit more shove in the passenger seat for me today.  Wife has big grin and says things like "I couldn't help myself".   :D

A bit of launch control combined with a low amount of fuel in the tank will see you beat that fella :P

Almost full tank of fuel, but boot emptied and spare wheel removed, 6.58 secs.  Will try launch control next time, when the fuel is low.   :)