Mark@Abbey M/S

In bound at Abbey Motorsport

I'm interested a lot in PTuning's header performance aswell. Hard to decide which headers to go with, Nameless, PTuning, JDL EL v2, HKS, Aceheader's. Most available info results comparing apples to oranges, due different stock baselines, differences, if tested tuned or untuned, if on petrol or E85, different other exhaust and intake bits.

I'm interested a lot in PTuning's header performance aswell. Hard to decide which headers to go with, Nameless, PTuning, JDL EL v2, HKS, Aceheader's. Most available info results comparing apples to oranges, due different stock baselines, differences, if tested tuned or untuned, if on petrol or E85, different other exhaust and intake bits.

There is a Nameless copy by PLM available. The PLM quality is usually quite good by all accounts and is about half the price of the original....

It's not price i care about. One time purchase of 500 or $1K .. it won't suddenly bankrupt me, but rather feeling that i could have chosen better one. Simply wishing to get best available at purchase time, but unable to do so based on so far available info due most parts tested/dyno-ed in different ways and not directly comparable due that, hence i always welcome chances to see more test results for supposedly top parts. It's hard to get lot of extra gains while staying NA and petrol, instead  of going forced induction and/or E85, hence i'd welcome even just extra 5whp/wtq some bolton part can provide over other .. if it's one time purchase.

And not too sure what to think of PLM .. i recall that painful process of Nameless developing it .. 11 prototypes, year of development, lot of flak from community for taking too long .. and now that is rendered nul by somebody simply copying their work. From what i've heard, they did same with copying JDL headers in past aswell. Half price offer is important enough for many to go with that instead of supporting companies with non shady business practices for genuine but more expensive products, so certainly Nameless business will take heavy hit.

HKS catless Headers, Cobra Overpipe , 2nd Cat delete pipe , Resonated Exhaust System and EcuTek quick tune.

Other dyno plot is a stock car on our dyno at the Dyno Day we ran sometime ago.

tMyzyE.jpg

Small amount of dyno work think there is more to be found in the tune but torque dip has been removed , torque throughout the rev range up.

Start of the development program for the NA boys. Add 40bhp to get an estimate flywheel figure.

Mark, what sort of prices are we looking at for a remap? as I have a manifold on order and will be looking at a tune in future to get the most out of it

Will be watching this thread with intent Mark. Am staying N/A and want to stretch out the motor so will wait to see what other things you get up to. Currently have all the bolt ons you can physically do, so am now at that crossroads on deciding what to do next!

Much choice! These are all looking great, has Mark freed up any time in his calendar yet?

I spoke to him the other day about this and unfortunately nothing yet...

Was hoping he could use my Borla UEL in the testing process whilst they had my car in for the engine build

Edited by smudge