trashy

New BRZ owner

Collected my BRZ last week - haven't stopped smiling since.  It's a great car - I suppose it had to be, as it replaced my long-term Integra Type-R (DC2).

Anyway, thought I'd say hello and upload the obligatory photo...

DSCF1367_zpstbyprccw.jpg

Hello Trashy, 

Welcome aboard. Respect for having had one of the best handling driver's cars out there, the DC2. :) I have many fond memories of mine. 

Enjoy the BRZ. :) 

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone :)

The BRZ will definitely be out on track this year, Sat 20th June at Pembrey or Wed 19th August at Bedford.  I'm probably also going to Combe on Fri 17th April with CSMA but I want to do a few more miles in the BRZ before Combe so will probably take the turbo Mx5 instead.

Congrats and welcome to the club, any plans for any mods?

Thanks - I'm planning on keeping it standard for the first year and see how it goes :)

Might get a spare set of wheels with some sticky tyres for the track days though - I'm guessing that the tread blocks move all over the place on the Primacy tyres when they get hot (especially when relatively new).  Are Federal RSRs, Yoko AD08s, the sort of tyres people are using?  

BTW, what are the standard pads like on track?

Stock pads are fine on track for about 10minutes. 15 minutes and they do start to smoke I find. 

oh dear, that's not good news for Japfest then :/

The primacys aren't too bad on track, obviously not the most grippy tyres but once they get hot, they stay pretty consistance. The primacys are proper tough stuff, Lauren has spent a whole afternoon drifting her car around with hardly any tyre wear.

oh dear, that's not good news for Japfest then :/

It's not a problem really. Just expect mine to likely be on fire by the end of the session. But, that's not a problem, they'll cool down and be fine. Done it before. Also you don't have to hammer the brakes, it's optional. ;)

Might get a spare set of wheels with some sticky tyres for the track days though - I'm guessing that the tread blocks move all over the place on the Primacy tyres when they get hot (especially when relatively new).  Are Federal RSRs, Yoko AD08s, the sort of tyres people are using?  

Not really worth buying a set of tyres if you just do occasional track work. The Primacy tyre goes off a bit when they get hot, but it remains consistent. You can drift it all day and they seem not to wear much. Had far more fun with Primacy's on track than I ever did with the grippier Yoko Advans which is why I've gone back to Primacy tyres again. They just seem to be able to take tons of abuse and still last forever. Win, win I reckon. ;)

The primacys aren't too bad on track, obviously not the most grippy tyres but once they get hot, they stay pretty consistance. The primacys are proper tough stuff, Lauren has spent a whole afternoon drifting her car around with hardly any tyre wear.

Great - I'll try the Primacy tyres on track before making a decision.

Not really worth buying a set of tyres if you just do occasional track work. The Primacy tyre goes off a bit when they get hot, but it remains consistent. You can drift it all day and they seem not to wear much. Had far more fun with Primacy's on track than I ever did with the grippier Yoko Advans which is why I've gone back to Primacy tyres again. They just seem to be able to take tons of abuse and still last forever. Win, win I reckon.  ;)

I agree about having fun on track - sometimes my turbo mx5 with its wider wheels and RSRs just grips too well...