TRDness

Hi all from Sussex!

Hi all,

My name's Ajay. I'm 21, from Sussex and own a 2013 GT86 TRD Edition. I'm definately up for attending meets/car shows and what not! Just putting my name out there.

I'm a keen modder and am slowly adding extra genuine TRD parts and HKS mods to my car, with the goal of going forced induction via Fensport as soon as insurance costs allow! I am planning to have a N/A ECUTEK remap in the near future.

Current Mods/Additions on top of the TRD spec: HKS Super Hybrid Air Filter, TRD Front Upper Strut Brace, TRD Shark Fin Aerial, TRD Oil Filler Cap, TRD Push-Start Button, OEM Leather Armrest, Minor Interior LED Lighting Changes. Parts on the way from Japan: TOM's Red Tail Lights.

Here she is!

Regards.

post-1178-0-52995200-1425941339_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-91792500-1425941341_thumb.jp

post-1178-0-59492200-1425941343_thumb.jp

Lovely looking car you have there mate, welcome to the club :) Nice to see another younger owner too, I got mine at 22 and have never looked back! What is your insurance cost at the moment? One of the reasons I went for the 86 was due to excellent insurance quotes for my age!

Hi James!

Thank you very much, I used to own a Celica 7th gen (140bhp) and paid £800 for that. Somehow I still pay £800 annually for my GT86 with hastings direct, despite the 60hp upgrade! Insurance charges go way above my head, doesn't seem logical.

Hi James!

Thank you very much, I used to own a Celica 7th gen (140bhp) and paid £800 for that. Somehow I still pay £800 annually for my GT86 with hastings direct, despite the 60hp upgrade! Insurance charges go way above my head, doesn't seem logical.

Hmm £800 isn't too bad to be honest fella, I have just turned 23 and am paying just under £1000 a year to insure mine. I had a 155 turbo Mito before the 86 and I was paying £900 a year for that too! 

I would be pretty chuffed with your result of £800!