GT86-Ian

Toyota GT86 Aero vs Subaru WRX STi & SEAT Leon Cupra

"What makes a great driver's car?"

1st Leon: "agile, entertaining, quick." but wins because it is "more refined, cheaper to run, better equipped, and attracts less unwanted attention". Now, I have a Leon FR, so no slippy diff, but it has precisely 0 steering feel.

3rd GT86: "still a brilliant sports car", "agile, adjustable handling and eager NA engine" <-- of course none of these are traits of "driver's cars", only sports cars, which aren't driver's cars are they...

Completely contradicted themselves there, why would being cheaper to run, better equipped and attracts less attention be even considered when wanting to find the best "drivers" car. 

Driving involves all the aspects of precisely that.. "driving" .. Engine characteristics, handling, braking performance, ride, how adaptable the chassis is RE having fun and provoking it, not whether it costs more at the petrol pump or contains more equipment as standard?

I looked into the figures a little more....

I have *NO IDEA* why they think the Subaru will have a greater residual value after depreciation.. it is sold on its chav appeal and will be thrashed beyond its lifetime... same with the Spanish salami..

I have *EVERY IDEA* why the GT86 blasts the comparos on brakes, agility...

.... pity they don't quantify the "...fun factor.." ... oh, and the FERWD "..learning curve..", which is foreign to every indiginous Brit under the age of 45, 'cos they were taugh, trialled, tested and trapped into the FWD brainwashing which Sir Alec Issigonis perpetrated..

The only sub 45y-o's,  living in the UK (legitimately),  who have been educated, learning that front wheels steer, rear wheels drive are ..

..........??

(Answers on a £100 voucher payable to Fensport, please - gotta raise some dosh - over revving at Oulton by a certain heavy-hoofed person has cost me a new exhaust manifold and a trashed TRD engine mount (escaping exhaust gases cooked it ).

Guys - it was my invite for the hoofer to drive, therefore no blame. I just wanna wind the person up a bit... no names... blurry tart...

Spec K

"the WRX has limitless grip "

Not only they clearly don't understand the difference between lat grip and traction but it tells you about their driving skills that they can't breach the front end lat gs of a WRX...

They're clearly better off in a 4wd car though...